Author Topic: P51-B - Gorgeous!  (Read 284 times)

Offline fluffy

• Zinc Member
P51-B - Gorgeous!
« on: March 09, 2001, 09:10:00 AM »
Thanks bigtime to the AH development team- what a beauty the new 'Mustang III' is! I love the gunshake too. Was so pleased with it that I haven't gotten around to trying the perk rides yet.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
P51-B - Gorgeous!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2001, 09:13:00 AM »
Seconded!

My squad did a P-51B sortie last night, and the fun of punching the drop tanks, flipping on our back and diving into a group of cons was a lot of fun, indeed!

She's beautiful, fast and deadly. But, then again, so is the new La-7.  

Offline Servo

• Zinc Member
P51-B - Gorgeous!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2001, 11:50:00 AM »
Hmm, I think I was one of planes mixing it up with your squad. We had just taken off of our airfield (forget the number) when we were bounced by NUMBEROUS P-51bs. I was in La7 and managed to shoot 2 P-51bs down before returning to base. It was a lot of fun! The seems to turn -much- better than the D, but perhaps the La7 turns worse than my normal ride.

Servo

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
P51-B - Gorgeous!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2001, 11:54:00 AM »
I'll agree, the B turns quite a bit better than the -D model does.   The difference seems quite a lot more than I had expected from pilot's accounts.  Then again, that is an imporssion after ONE day flying it.

Not that I mind  

Can the B keep up with the likes of Yaks and La7's in co-E turns?

J_A_B

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
P51-B - Gorgeous!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2001, 11:54:00 AM »
Hmmm. I was in a 51B that bounced a Knight B17 low near a field... I knew there was an La nearby, but thought I had room to get the fort. I was sure I had, but I blew up a second after I saw his wing peel. Could be you got me?

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
P51-B - Gorgeous!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »

Originally posted by Kieran:
Hmmm. I was in a 51B that bounced a Knight B17 low near a field... I knew there was an La nearby, but thought I had room to get the fort. I was sure I had, but I blew up a second after I saw his wing peel. Could be you got me?

Brave, I have problems downing 17's with cannons, let alone 4 .50's. Whew  

Zippatuh

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
P51-B - Gorgeous!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2001, 02:00:00 PM »
I'd call it "stupid".  

I can manage 6x.50 kills on buffs, wanted to test how less effective the 4 might be. Definitely takes longer. I'm going to be doing a lot of "stupid" things in the next few days- gotta see what gets me killed and what doesn't.