Author Topic: stuff i dont like in AH  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2000, 07:50:00 AM »
I don't like  the cannons  on the F4U-1C, just to prove  how uber they are, if I can get a 5 to 1 K/D ratio in them, imagine what someone really good can do in it!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2000, 08:15:00 AM »
1)  I don't like Sprint

2)  I dont' like Digex

3)  I wish the owner of this mutt in my b17 cockpit would reclaim him......he smells.

4)  And where's the showers?  These paratroopers are really stinkin up my goon.

5)  I hate asparagus.

6)  The engines dont get hot enough to pop my popcorn.

7)  The engines do get hot enough to melt my cheese, but without fries, what's the point?

8)  I hate flying in a buff after JOC has been in it......his sheep leaves bad stuff in the cockpit,....er,...hmmm,..I hope it is his sheep.

9)  The cleaning crew needs to be fired. I expect my bombsite to be free of finger prints.

10)  The union contract with the flight crews needs to be redone.  I have not had any beer nuts in months and these hags are starting to look really sad!

11)   The paratrooper training is awful.  I had to leave the cockpit yesterday to boot one out, cause he was too busy trimming his finger nails! (Now ya know why troop drops don't always work,...the secret is out).

12)  And where's my 8-track?

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
http://www.applink.net
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2000, 09:50:00 AM »
I don't even notice the head movement anymore, I forgot we had it.

------------------
Nathan "NATEDOG" Mathieu
Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE SQUAD=-

"Man's 2nd greatest thrill in life is FLYING. His 1st greatest thrill is LANDING!"

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
LOL Hangtime!  But you know, I'll have to check that cd player in the c47.  It should be playing "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" and "Feeling Groovy."  

------------------
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
"Happiness is a warm gun momma" - The Beatles
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »

Originally posted by SUPERFLY:
LOL Hangtime!  But you know, I'll have to check that cd player in the c47.  It should be playing "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" and "Feeling Groovy."    

Hmmm, I started thinking, I usually do have "Magic Carpet Ride" cranked up  when flying that goon N.O.E., it....just.....DOES something for me!

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2000, 12:35:00 PM »
Naw the only fit music for NOE is Wagner
(ex aircavalryman)

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

funked

stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2000, 12:37:00 PM »
Hmmm Rip didn't Corsairs have about 10:1 ratio in the war?  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2000, 12:40:00 PM »
Funked, yeah, near the end of the war when the Japanese were manning the planes with 14 yr. old kids !  

funked

stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2000, 01:11:00 PM »
LOL  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2000, 01:22:00 PM »
Don't really notice the head stuff nowadays either.

------------------
--
StSanta
II/JG2

Offline LuckyDay

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dailyplanetmusic.com
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2000, 01:27:00 PM »
Speaking of the blackout/redout situation...

First a disclaimer:  I have no (zero) experience in aerobatic a/c.  I am not about to pretend that this experience is identical.  However,

I was at Magic Mountain this past weekend and while waiting in the 2 hour line for the new Goliath coaster I thought, this is set up just like a B&Z dogfight, slow climb to alt, dive down, hop back up, smooth turn to conserve e, back down the ramp, back up, then a tight spiral for the kill of the wounded nme.  That tight spiral was something else, my wife started to get tunnel vision from the G forces.  I found myself subconsciously grunting the blood back into my head.  Now, I have nothing to reference this against, but my guess would be it is @3-4gs?  

Now my real question... Would it be more realistic for the blackouts in the game to be a little smoother, i.e. color vision decreases first, so toward the edges things start to tun black & white and then fade to black while the center is still visible, then center fades to b/w and finally black over a period of a few seconds?

I'm not asking for planes and pilots that can take 9gs like an F16, but I believe that sustained gs have a more pronounced effect than instantaneous gs.

I love this game.

LuckyDay
"It's poop again..."

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2000, 01:50:00 PM »
There is terribly little about AH that I dislike enough to mention with conviction.

As usual, lots of little things that I take note on from time to time but nothing really important.

I guess the acks and the F4U-1C are most likely to get a cussword but hey!   NBD

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2000, 01:59:00 PM »
Yeager brings up a good point, just about everything little minor thing that each individual dislikes can be easily adjusted to.  Severity 1 bugs are squashed immediately by HTC.  Things  like ack, etc. help maintain gameplay from turning into a vulch fest (Ack lethality *has* been adjusted, not nearly as deadly, and field vulches are up some too, tit for tat)

One thing that amazes me, look at CK when it came out, then 6 months down the road.

Now look at AH when open beta was released, and look at it now.  I would say by 10 fold over the developement stage that CK (WB's) was in the same amount of time.  Granted, some of it is due to the nature of technology, but most, I believe, is the dedication of the staff itself. (Brown-nose mode disabled)

RANKER_ONE

stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2000, 05:14:00 PM »
Greetings

Hang

ha ha ha ha ha ha

Man you are losing good money!!
cause you are dam funny  

Mandoble

same here man!!  

------------------
THE ONLY PROPER DEFENCE IS OFFENSE

Best regards gents :)
Ranker...out!!!

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
stuff i dont like in AH
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2000, 06:22:00 PM »
There is really nothin i dont like in AH.. well except everybody is a better pilot than me  the game is still new and i know it is getting better all the time.