Author Topic: 3d graphics and regular graphics  (Read 146 times)

Offline BigCrate

• Copper Member
3d graphics and regular graphics
« on: January 26, 2002, 06:57:13 PM »
I flew aw3 and in aw3 you could choose if you wanted to use 3d graphics or no 3d graphics.. In AH my puter freezes up so bad when my flying i can't even fly I just lawn dart. Cause when I get the see the up to the sec. frame its to late and me dead :(..
Does anyone else have this problem with there puter freezing up alot?? I wish AH had the thing like aw3 did so u can use just regular graphics and it would be fine... Don't get me wrong I like the graphics. But when it interfears with my game play. The game isn't fun anymore.. So if enuff people said they would like to choose bettween 3d and regular I'll send this to HTC and maybe they will try it like that..

CW

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2002, 07:05:44 PM »
Ok, tell us what you have for a system and graphics card.  No need to keep it a secret:)  Perhaps we can advise ya on getting better preformance if you will spill the beans regarding your system:)

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2002, 07:08:30 PM »
It would be a huge step backwards to have such a feature. Aces High compared to other sims is pretty easy going on system specs, I keep a copy of Aces High on my laptop which only has 8MB of video memory. If you have problems with your system post your system specs, maybe we can help suggest a setup to get you up and running other than that then I'm afraid the answer is to upgrade, not to try and turn the clocks back.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2002, 08:00:21 PM »
This is his problem :)

01-17-2002 05:35 PM        

BigCrate

I have a HP pavilion 7050 with a Intel 100 mhz pentium processor
24 megs of ram
1.6 gig hard drive
8x cdrom drive
floppy drive
PCI local bus video
and the case

CW

Offline BigCrate

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2002, 08:12:31 PM »
ROFL that my puter at home I use to surf the web!
I use my granny's puter to fly AH.. it is a 700 mhz compaq
with 64 megs of ram.. Dunno know the vid card or anything else..
Since I use my granny's puter lets go light on upgrades ok.
Lets not go changin vid cards and such.. I just want to play 6the game thats all i'm askin.. maybe I just need more ram.. Hell I dunno. I work on bass boats and Broncos and soon aircraft. Not PCs. So any help would be good.
CW

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2002, 08:44:55 PM »
I thought you had $275 bucks to spend, and I looked up a system you could make for that price?

Make sure you are trying to play AH at 640x480, 16 bit.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2002, 09:13:11 PM »
As a sidenote, it should be mentioned that if AH DID have software rendering as an option, the game would most likely run SLOWER, not better.  The reason AirWarrior ran faster in software rendering mode was because textures and ALL complex effects were disabled in software mode.  Most games will run better with 3D hardware enabled as it takes much of the load off the CPU.

J_A_B

Offline BigCrate

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2002, 09:30:20 PM »
kratzer I do but I don't have the time to mess with it right. Restoring a bronco and someother stuff. So trying to make granny's puter work for now... Anyway bout the 640x480 16 bit thingy. Would I have to uninstall AH reinstall it and set it up again? Or is there another way to do it?? Oh and Can I use a CH product thottle with a MS sidewinder stick???

CW

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2002, 11:50:56 PM »
This is from another fix in the FAQ section of the Hitech page:

"delete your video7.cfg file in your ../HTC/Aces High/settings directory."

Restart aces high after this and you should be prompted to work the video settings.  Good luck...and make a copy of that file just in case somethings change I'm not aware of.