Author Topic: Cheater, Lag, or????  (Read 226 times)

Offline Wulfmen

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.Blackadders.de
Cheater, Lag, or????
« on: January 26, 2002, 10:48:29 PM »
Hyas Gents
today my Squadmates Mose and Ecke have a fun fight w a never Dieing Niki.
He flow w only ONE wing (not a Half, he lost the complet wing) was smoking and burning, after a few attacks he flow only w his engine, and as he was near an friendly field he start moves.
The Films are very nice :D
Mose have a fight w him before and he saw the same thinks but he dont film it.
Both Films (mose, ecke) u can see the Niki and this what he doing.

Our Question is, was this a Lag or was it cheating???

We have the Name from the Pilot, but when it was only a Lag then its Okay. was he cheating i give u the Name.

greeeets
ede
(Sorry for my bad english, but in shool most of time i was sleeping :D )

Films:
Niki_Ufo_1
Niki_Ufo_2

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Re: Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2002, 11:00:49 PM »
Saw "Nikki_UFO2" and it seems a cnx problem.
In any case, that film demostrates the Spit is remarkably more UFO than the n1k2 :D

Offline Wulfmen

• Zinc Member
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2002, 06:31:19 AM »
:D
rgr, but he do the same stuff one fight before. and for a Connection Problem think its a the flight a bit too long.
Other Players saw the same, and thats what not on the Film, before Film starts he was without one wing fighting w Ecke a few minutes.
we was all on GV and i hear it was ecke saying, and told him "Start the Recorder".
I dont hope thats cheating but for me its looks not good.
Film 1 are the Film from ecke and 2 from Mose.

greeeeeeets
ede

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2002, 07:10:51 AM »
Some time ago, I took off in my 190 and found an enemy P51 near my base. I tracked him and start shooting, a lot of pings, no damage. The combat continued with very smooth movements (no warps at all) and we end at very low level, I was now without gun ammo, only MGs, and more than 50% of the 20mm bullets had direct impacts against the P51. Then, more enemies arrived to help their mate. I saw tracers everywhere, but none hit me. That continued for 5 more minutes and then, the pursuers turned back and leave the zone, I was still at the six of the P51, but this time with no ammo at all. The P51 was still doing some evasive moves, but, at some point, he headed his base and landed, I was very low on fuel, and landed side to side with the P51, their base acks didnt cause damage to my plane. I send him a general chanell message, but, surprise, text buffer was not refreshing.

Basically, I was only seeing plane movements, tracers, etc, but cant read text buffer, cant write into text buffer, cant cause damage to enemies and cant receive damage from them, and NetStatus was "OK".

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2002, 07:15:45 AM »
Even if this guy is not cheating, he should be banned because:

a) He's flying a n1k :rolleyes:

b) He warps criminally bad which is a typical symptom for flying n1k. Somehow those two always seem to coincide. :mad:

Just my .02c

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2002, 08:59:28 AM »
I watched the films!   Looked to me like that person's connection problem.  I've seen planes hanginging the air then fly around and take no evasive even when 2-3 enemies planes behind him.  THe guy in the film was just flying along and not maneuvering hard to fight your 109. The pilot might of got discoed but his planes FE was still there.  Or something like that.  The on-line network can be a strange beast.

Ya can pound him all ya want but they keep on flying.

:)
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2002, 12:20:08 PM »
It looks like that CHEAT program...the one used by opponants of gunman26 :D

DmdMax

Offline MikeKA

• Zinc Member
Let me tell you guys a story. . .
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2002, 12:30:02 PM »
the other night I was flying around and decided to try to take out field AAA.  I dive in and get tons of hits on 2 different gun emplacements.  I didn't kill them and I was very confused.  The amazing thing is that a field with fully operational AAA didn't ping me one time.  I circled and went back in... same thing happened.  I was thinking that something was wrong since the AAA hadn't ripped me apart so I flew CIRCLES over the field watching the tracers come at me.  Nothing.

It was then I noticed that all of the enemy planes were ignoring me for some reason.  I started chatting to my squaddies at this point telling them that I might have found some sort of ghost bug.  We all agreed that a relog probably could fix the problem.  By this time I was well away from enemy fighters and out the field ack's range.

At this point, close to a full minute after my initial pass on the AAA, i get two "gun emplacement destroyed" messages and few  pings which blew off a flap.  About 10 seconds later my second pass on the AAA caught up with me and I got one gun emplacement kill and my wing tip blown off... then my plane was ripped to shreds in mid air from bullets that hit me close to a minute ago.  That's not all. . .

My plane then proceeded to plummet to the ground and bounce around for almost a minute before I got the redscreen which lasted about a minute... then I got the sheep which lasted a good while... then I was back in the tower.  Sounds like something in the software or the servers caused that cause after I relogged to AH (not my isp) the problem didnt show itself again.  So I think the case of the wingless n1k might very well be the same sort of thing that happened to me.  Wish I woulda had film on lol.

Offline MikeKA

• Zinc Member
Bottom line, most people dont cheat. . .
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2002, 12:39:59 PM »
When something weird like that happens in the arena most likely its NOT a cheat.  It's just some bug, or very wierd lag.  Computers do wierd inexplicable things.  I for one grow tired of seeing cheater being thrown around every time something weird happens.  People that experience one of these MMOG phenomina (spelling?) should probably try to talk to the person that they think was the culprit.  Nine times out of ten that person will be more than willing to relog.  It certainly much better than tainting someone with the cheater tag when, most likely, they don't deserve it.

I applaud you for not giving the name of the person, because A: that might have been the incident I experienced, B: they probably weren't cheating, C: theres nothing worse for someones reputation in a game than to be accused of cheating in an open forum like this.  Thanks for being thoughtful and giving the benifit of the doubt to whoever it was that flew the wingless n1k! <>

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2002, 01:04:54 PM »
Wulfmen I'd say it was a case of server lag. There seems to be two unique streams of data in AH. The flight position updates, and the server updates (which covers hits to you, txt, and kill messages).

When someone has severe server lag this is what appears to happen.

Eventually the pings will catch up with him and he will wonder WTF hit him.

I've experienced server lag of up to 5-10 minutes. Relogging fixed it, don't know what caused it.

Offline Wulfmen

• Zinc Member
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2002, 01:44:38 PM »
Then ist Okay :D
i Hate Cheaters and i saw to many in MP-Games. i hate this damn Kids.

Greeeeeeets
ede

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2002, 02:34:34 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
Wulfmen I'd say it was a case of server lag. There seems to be two unique streams of data in AH. The flight position updates, and the server updates (which covers hits to you, txt, and kill messages).

Perhaps, but I would bet text and position updates are separate streams.  I've seen instances where text info was lagged by at least one minute, but I had no problem receiving/giving hits.

It makes sense to use tcp for text, udp for everything else.

curly

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2002, 02:47:08 PM »
I was also involved in the fight with this N1k, when i arrived he was already missing his tail, believe me he knew he was fighting and knew we were there despite some huge lag jumps i managed to remove his right wing completely and broke away only to see him about 10 seconds later still TnB with the others.
At this point i thought forget him he just aint gonna die and proceeded to rtb.
Suddenly took a few hits and checking 6 saw the N1ks dot 3k behind me, as a precaution weaved a bit and checked all around confirmed no other cons in vicinity, next second blam boom!
Killed by a N1k that was 3k behind me.
Boy was I SERIOUSLY pissed off.

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2002, 06:45:32 AM »
personally i think conn probs are questionable here.

That guy was flying AND fighting for at least 10 minutes in that condition. Maybe HTC should take a look at logfiles.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Cheater, Lag, or????
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2002, 05:35:27 PM »
Without knowing anymore or seeing the film I'd be curious if the bogie is in a squad....only time I've ever seen this is from pilots in one squad. Seems they always warpy and seem to be semi invincible...also almost always in nikki's

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson