Author Topic: Reason why Dueling Arena is closed?  (Read 126 times)

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
Reason why Dueling Arena is closed?
« on: January 12, 2002, 11:33:06 AM »
Just curious if there's a reason why all the planes are disabled in the Dueling Arena.

Vortex
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2002, 09:56:44 PM »
bump
--)-Vortex----

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2002, 10:27:01 AM »

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2002, 09:27:22 AM »
I noticed that Spit V's are the only planes enabled in the Dueling Arena furball fields. Does anyone from HTC read these boards? If so, any info you could provide on this limitation would be much appreciated. Are there plans to enable all planes at the three furball fields? If not, why not?

Vortex
--)-Vortex----

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2002, 08:53:04 PM »
Vortex, I called HTC about this the other day after I noticed several people alluding to this on the boards.  There is some kind of bug in the terrain that is causing the tables to get corrupted.  I know we use the terrain itself in the SEA during Wild Wednesday, but I dont know if that has anything to do with what is happening in the DA.  I talked to Pyro about it and he said they are aware of it but that every time they change the settings back to default or reboot the arena, it simply reverts back to this locked down setting with only SpitV available at 41, 42 and 43.  They are looking into it.  He didnt give me any idea about when it may be fixed though.  :(

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2002, 02:46:08 PM »
Thanks for the info Sling, much appreciated. I noticed that the arena seems to be up with a full set of planes now. Hopefully that's an indication that they managed to get the bug tracked down. If not though, at least we know what's behind it all.

Thanks again!

Vortex
--)-Vortex----