Author Topic: Now I know why  (Read 304 times)

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Now I know why
« on: January 28, 2002, 04:58:28 PM »
Have you ever wonder why? :confused:

When ever saving a selection of shapes that was nicely centered in your grid square to be saved as a Shape Group, and then the next time you select that Shape Group to be placed, it doesn't center itself in the grid square. :mad:

Well I finally figured it out.  :D

When you select the group of shapes that you want to save, the Red Cross ( mouse point ) must be in the center of the grid square, before you click the Save Shape Group button.

To do this:

1) Enter 2640 in the "Snap Spacing" box
2) Place a checkmark in the "Snap" box
3) Select all the shapes to be saved
4) Select the "Move" box
5) Click the Red Cross ( of the mouse point ) in the center of the of the grid square of the selected shapes, and then move the entire group one position in either direction and then back to the original spot.
6) You'll now see, once you let go of the mouse button the Red Cross is now in the center of the Grid Square of your selected shapes.
7) Now click the Save Shape Group button and name it as you want.

Now the next time you want to place this Shape Group, just center your Red Cross in the Grid Square by having the "Snap" box checked and then add the Group.

Now the Group is centered :D

P.S  I was going to start centering all my Group Shapes and correct some of the errors in some of them.  If people show interest in them I will post them for download.  May even post them anyway.

Pokie

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Now I know why
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 05:09:03 PM »
i knew this, but couldn't be arsed posting

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Now I know why
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2002, 01:53:39 AM »
Yeah, also discovered this after 3 weeks of pondering. So much 'undocumented' features :)

Broes

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
Now I know why
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 01:22:01 AM »
Man now i get it,this has been killing me!!
thanks guys :)
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber