Author Topic: uncalled for  (Read 686 times)

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
uncalled for
« on: January 29, 2002, 01:36:30 AM »
this is just plain unacceptable.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2002, 03:04:49 PM by pimpjoe »

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
uncalled for
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2002, 01:38:39 AM »
sorry...i got a crappy web host.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2002, 03:03:59 PM by pimpjoe »

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
uncalled for
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2002, 01:52:18 AM »
Sounds like he's just trash-talking a failed chute shooter.  Nothing wrong with that IMO.

I know there is plenty of slop that isn't acceptable for the MA.  That, however, doesn't fall into the "not acceptable" category IMO.  Certainly not Shakespeare quality, but perfrctly acceptable.

J_A_B

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
uncalled for
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2002, 01:58:49 AM »
No need to remove Rounder's name from the screen capture, pimpjoe.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
uncalled for
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2002, 02:16:54 AM »
How dare kbman fly a Chog!! You're right, that is unacceptable. I for one am outraged.

Offline Poony

• Zinc Member
uncalled for
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2002, 06:44:55 AM »
The on-line monitors should of booted that person!!

Whooopppss!  do we still have on-line monitors????

:)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
uncalled for
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2002, 07:02:14 AM »
I think its completely unacceptable.    Vulgar sexual references should not be tolerated on the open or country channel.   The online monitors should've booted the guy.  

What kind of name is Poony, anyway?

Offline stat2000

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
uncalled for
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2002, 08:16:06 AM »
Simple dont shoot chutes and you wont be called a dick

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
uncalled for
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2002, 08:19:24 AM »
Shouldn't be called dick at all no matter you shoot chutes or not, specially not if it is a Niki chute.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
See what I mean?
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2002, 08:24:46 AM »
This is just one example of what I was referring to in my "We're losing our sim to" thread.

Completely unacceptable. Getting tired of this crap.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
uncalled for
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2002, 08:25:23 AM »
Looks like another argument for a permanent squelch option or an ad for CA, those types don't hang around long in there..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
uncalled for
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2002, 08:45:16 AM »
That KBMan braggin about his kill streaks is offenive, and has gotta stop!
Was there something else?

:)

eskimo

Offline K West

• Silver Member
uncalled for
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2002, 09:12:02 AM »
Absolutely unacceptable.  

Hopefully HTC is also working on catching up to the new "community" they have. While thier subscriber base has grown enourmously thier means to monitor and nurture it has not. I think this will bite them in the butt over the short run but if they do not act soon imo it will hurt them worse in the long also.

Westy

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
uncalled for
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2002, 09:14:56 AM »
Seems to me this thread is living proof that as long as you feel you are right, you can say pretty much whatever you want.

AKDejaVu

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
uncalled for
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2002, 09:33:19 AM »
Well, this is a touchy subject for me.  I have a 6 yr. old with his own account.  Now, at this age, he really doesn't pay attention to the text buffer, nor does he even understand the term used by the offender in Pimpjoe's case...but one day he will.

Now, we DO have squelch, however, I cannot monitor ever line of text that comes over my sons computer either.

So I am left with two choices.  Bag his account or let it go.  The former choice is a real bummer for him.  The latter could have behaviorial consequences unforeseen down the road.

Swearing doesn't bother me, nor does rude suggestions as Pimp posted, but forcing it upon others on an open channel DOES.  Thats why we have a private channel.

Now, I'm SURE that I'm not the only one with kids either flying, or looking over ones shoulder, or friends looking over ones shoulder either.  If it were MY business, I would empower MORE users the ability to mute..and suffer the consequences of that, than I would to let it carry on and suffer no doubt worse consequences of pissing off an larger group of players.

This has been an ongoing complaint by the community for many months now.  Time for HTC to DO SOMETHING.  Anything!  Just do something!

My 2 cents.