Author Topic: For you idiots who say the Ju88 not a fighter...  (Read 345 times)

Offline Don

• Silver Member
For you idiots who say the Ju88 not a fighter...
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2002, 08:49:10 AM »
>>Dunno why everyone's gotta bash otter lol, he's got a valid point. <<

Duh I dunno but, it may have to do with the title of his post ie. "for all you idiots..."
And I'm not so sure about the validity of his point either. But, if you stick your neck out the way he did, a certain amount of bashing is to be expected
:D

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2002, 08:50:34 AM »
Well, Jonsson's plane was a Spitfire Vb, which he could trim well enough to fly hands off and without a boot on the rudder.
But no ammo counters.
To think off it, the 109 was hardly trimmable at all. Wonder about the Ju88....
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2002, 09:23:09 AM »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2002, 09:36:35 AM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel
I'm not sure who exactly you're accusing of being an idiot, but alot of us are well aware of your groundbreaking discovery.

ROTFLOL!!!!!  Thanks for my laugh of the day! Well put!

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2002, 10:33:59 AM »
I think otter needs to realise that we've all flown the ju88 'as a fighter'

Im no slouch when flying them either ;)

In fact if i remember correctly NB(?) and I used to fly them as fighters with light fuel and no bombs.with 2 mutually covering each other we caught quite a few unawares. :)

BUT it is certainly not a jabo plane.

for a start a jabo has to score as a fighter. so stop trying to tell us how we've 'overlooked' the ju88s uses.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2002, 11:42:27 AM »
I appogoligize in advance, but otter, you piss me off.

Lots of us are LW fanatics, we know about the Ju88 and it was used as a fighter, specially a night fighter where it was highly successfull too, heavy arement and very good manuverabilty for a twin.

In AH, we have the early bomber version of it, sure it manuvers great, turn nicely and all that, but do you actually know how long it takes to chew people up with a single 30 cal MG?

Before posting stuff like this, calling people iditots because of what we've written in another thread, do some more research.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2002, 11:48:30 PM »
Originally posted by Angus
Well, Jonsson's plane was a Spitfire Vb, which he could trim well enough to fly hands off and without a boot on the rudder.
But no ammo counters.
To think off it, the 109 was hardly trimmable at all. Wonder about the Ju88....

Bf109 did have 'elevator' trim, which actually moved whole horizontal stabilizer.
Things which werent trimmable on air, were trimmed on the ground.
Cruising in 109 wasnt too bad, even if there was no trims for all what you could wish for.

Mind the fact also that Ju88 is not Bf109 and has very much different control wirings.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2002, 05:19:06 AM »
The loss of trim controlls doesn't make the plane wanna turn every way in the air. 109, lik Fishu said wasn't all that hard to keep controll in, high speed required a push on the stick and trim down but not MUCH else.

The 190, needed no trimming at all, it could be trimmed 2 degrees up and 1.5 down (not quite sure about those numbers, will check book, around 2 degrees) but it hardly needed it because it staied stable on all axis in all speeds, nothin you can say about AH 190 :(
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2002, 11:26:17 AM »
Apparently here the new born enthusiasts about WW2 Aviation like to ommit the  version or year it was manufactured and generalize putting the Ju88 AS a fighter which is not true it never was a pure fighter, except for the nachtJager versions which were of course used for their  Endurance but , for also being able to carry large loads including airborne radar and the large Caliber guns.

This is the same stupid(yes STUPID) rhetoric of the allied fliers  saying  we don't need this or that because we already have them which it is pure nonsense, trying to deprive them of an unrealisticly loaded P47 is blasphemy but getting an effective Jabo plane its full potential and armament is a complaint or in good all yeehaw language, is a whine.

Sure they cannot envision this as they say  we're fanatical, we complain of whatever feature they add and we want more and more and we should be complascent ,I mean how could we ? Imagine a P47, a late war even, only could carry one 500lb bomb and 2 rockets would you accept that,of course not you'd probably,complain or not post it on  these boards but I am sure ,Plenty sure, you would find other ways of contacting the developers and getting your message across, I don't have the luxury unfortunately.

It just could be HTC is researching if and when they used them extensively during the war, which to me would seem odd considering a plane set which has a Ta152 but doesn't have 2x250kg one in each wing on the 190F8(G8 even) ironic .

Adieu.