Author Topic: Question for HiTech?  (Read 259 times)

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Question for HiTech?
« on: January 31, 2002, 09:20:19 PM »
For some reason my pedals cause spiking and the resulting "Dont move your stick so fast" message and control freeze either causes an auger or an easy kill for the guy on my six.

I suspect the culprit may be the Y connector my stick plugs into since I just spent several hours trying different replacement pots <3 fresh out of the box> and all spike.  All 3 checked out with similar readings using an OHM meter.

I also tried both game ports in my PC.

The stick plugged in alone to the game port is spike free, anyone have any clue why this happens or am I correct in regards to the Y connector?  

I've had the problem for awhile and the only luck I've had fixing it is using DXTweak utility to hack the windows registry in Win98.

I switched over to WinXP and can't use DXTweak anymore, and since switching I've also lost the use of the 2nd hat on my CH F-16 Combat stick, XP see's it and shows it working properly but it isn't seen by AH.

Any chance the stick stirring code can be tweaked to ignore rudder spiking a bit?  

It shouldn't be as big a factor as stick stirring since rudder response is slower and burns more E.

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Question for HiTech?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2002, 11:13:37 PM »
Hey weazel, it definately sounds to me like you have a loose connection in your y-connector, an easy way to check would be with a pin to pin resistance check from each end of the connector. Is there any way you could just get a new one? good luck getting it fixed,