Author Topic: CH USB prothrottle/figtherstick/propedals - XP problems  (Read 159 times)

Offline SMERSH

• Zinc Member
CH USB prothrottle/figtherstick/propedals - XP problems
« on: February 02, 2002, 06:47:41 PM »
I'm trying to program my CH prothrottle USB / fighterstick USB and propedals USB for Aces High.

So I printed out the keyboard commands, went into windows XP and opened the CH control manager, programmed the view keys to correspond to the correct keyboard commands etc. Then I used the wizard to make all 3 devices as one device so that Aces High can recognize them correctly.

Well, when I start Aces High, the mappings don't seem to work at all. However, the throttle, rudder, pitch/yaw axes are working correctly.

It seems to me that the joystick maping features available in Aces High itself are interfering with my programing from control manager in win XP. Is there a way to totally disable the Aces High joystick mapping? Or is there another solution?

Anyone with this same setup? How did you set this up?

Also, BTW, I can't seem to get the prothrottle mouse to function as a mouse when I'm in control manager, dunno why.

All good ideas are welcome :)

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2002, 07:31:35 PM »
Make sure for a particular joystick button you select text or DX function.  

Alot of buttons work better using the AH DX mode.  These buttons are like the views, fire guns or drop bombs etc...

Also, I find that I must open the CH game controller then load the configuration that I want and activate it.  This must be done prior to entering AH.  If I don't then AH will not recognize my button pushes.

I never got my throttle mouse to work either, so good luck!

Mino

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2002, 04:00:33 PM »
I got usb pro throt and usb pedals for xmas. My recommendation is to not use the control manager software at all.

Program all the functions within Aces High. I tried with the control manager first and since uninstalling it everything has worked great. AH will recognize the devices seperately no prob, kudos to HTC for being on the ball w/that.
Hornet

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Re: CH USB prothrottle/figtherstick/propedals - XP problems
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2002, 09:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by SMERSH
I'm trying to program my CH prothrottle USB / fighterstick USB and propedals USB for Aces High.

So I printed out the keyboard commands, went into windows XP and opened the CH control manager, programmed the view keys to correspond to the correct keyboard commands etc. Then I used the wizard to make all 3 devices as one device so that Aces High can recognize them correctly.

Well, when I start Aces High, the mappings don't seem to work at all. However, the throttle, rudder, pitch/yaw axes are working correctly.

It seems to me that the joystick maping features available in Aces High itself are interfering with my programing from control manager in win XP. Is there a way to totally disable the Aces High joystick mapping? Or is there another solution?

Anyone with this same setup? How did you set this up?

Also, BTW, I can't seem to get the prothrottle mouse to function as a mouse when I'm in control manager, dunno why.

All good ideas are welcome :)

First, make sure that you've got the latest version of Control Manager.  

You've got a couple of choices on how you want to program your stuff for AH.  The one I recommend is programming your stuff with keyboard macros in Control Manager.  Just uncheck DirectX function and program them as text.  You can also program the keyboard commands for the views to your hatswitch.  The only two buttons I don't program with keyboard macros are the Primary and Secondary fire buttons, these I leave as joystick buttons 1 and 2.  All other commands are programmed as macros using the keyboard commands.

The other option is not to use Control Manager at all and just use the default layout to program the keys within the AH mapper.