Author Topic: Who wants  (Read 643 times)

Offline Tuck

• Copper Member
      • http://hometown.aol.com/tuck0006/
Who wants
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2002, 04:16:23 PM »
moi
moi
i think it's good to have (adds a flavor of "realism" to the game).  HOWEVER  it pisses me off when i get whacked because some choweder runs into me, and he flies off (although crippled) to possibly land.  

The Tuckster

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."
Col. Chuck Yeager, USAAF

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
Who wants
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2002, 04:21:48 PM »
I dont like night but it is acceptable.

Id like to try this without killshooter.

Collisions ok. If defending field hard and ammo is out, I will collide to enemy if necessary.:cool:
I am a spy!

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Who wants
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2002, 04:22:47 PM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
Not me.

Me, only if the only effect is setting to 0 the ammo counts of the shooter instead of killing him.

Not me at all.

MANDOBLE,
Ammo to 0 is a great idea!

me, me (see above), me

eskimo

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Who wants
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2002, 04:39:59 PM »
So, IMO, the best way is just to deactivate collisions.

If you were king and could deactivate collisions, then what would you do with headons now there is no possiblility of collisions?  When you start throwing out things like this, you start altering the dynamics of air combat.  

A head on pass is dangerous, and it shouldn't be safe.  If you are collideing with people, your doing something wrong.  You should rethink your ACM strategy to avoid these high risk moves.  Work on gaining angles, and not loosing angles by driving right for the enemy.  

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Who wants
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2002, 04:54:01 PM »
Want night but no icons except for night fighters.

Want K/S to be redone, nothing worse then getting killed bu some jerk who flies infront of you. For those of you who have accidently flown infront of (1 or 2 tops) I appologize.

Colissions is good although most don't care, just go HO anyway spraying till they or the enemy dies.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Who wants
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2002, 04:59:41 PM »
The collision model and killshooter work great.

I hate night.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Who wants
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2002, 07:10:48 PM »
I've no problems with killshooter and collisions.  Night-time is a pain!!!  All that effort of having to turn up the brightness on my monitor.....
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Who wants
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2002, 07:13:35 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup
The collision model and killshooter work great.

I hate night.

I don't like the night either. However, this is the perfect time for bomber work, as many of the guys flying fighters sit out during darkness.

Re collisions: I had run out of ammo in my Mustang, and I was the only guy between a goon and my airfield. So, I rammed him at high speed. I bailed out, but the goon kept on going, albeit minus a flap and wing tip. Eventually, it crashed, but some guy just arriving on the scene got the kill credit, never firing a shot.

Another thing I really don't like. Some guy wings a B-17, it's trailing smoke from one engine. Meanwhile the buff clobbers him. I work my way under the buff, zoom up and blast off its wing from below. Yet, the original shooter gets the kill!! All I got was an assist. Hell, that buff was barely damaged. How did the software determine if the buff was fatally damaged? Hell, I've nursed home planes in much worse shape than that, or at least landed them safely. Something stinks about the scoring parameters. Another thing, why does the nearest enemy get a kill credit if I crash through error? No one should receive credit for something they did not engage in any way, shape or form. I've received credit for two kills that I had nothing to do with. AI acks nailed these guys, and I was the only one airborne in the area. Certainly, I did not deserve the credit.

Personally, I feel that kills should be broken into fractions where more than one aircraft actually score hits on the target, as in 0.5 or 0.33 kills. No one individual should get credit for the combined work of others.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
Who wants
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2002, 07:30:48 PM »
Me

Me- But want the effect on friend to have the same as shooting your own hangers. ie. lose ammo but don't cause dammage and don't hurt self either. ;)

Me

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
Re: Who wants
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2002, 07:39:36 PM »
1. me (I use it to break and have some coffee).

2. me (nessesary evil).

3. me (same as #2)

Fariz

Offline laz

• Copper Member
Who wants
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2002, 07:59:27 PM »
Try somthing different than killshooter. Like maybe each ping you put into a plane takes away a perk point, and when you are out of points, THEN make the killshooter we have now come into effect (to still include newbies).  Just an idea ;). There are many different substitutes.

Offline BD

• Zinc Member
Who wants
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2002, 08:13:32 PM »
Not Me (though I do like the sunset & sunrise)

Me - absolutely necessary

Me - seems ok, haven't had a collision in months

Offline gavor

• Nickel Member
      • http://users.senet.com.au/~shanga
Who wants
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2002, 09:36:43 PM »
Ok to all the above. Night is a good time to get out and buff it up. Get a coffee(or a beer) and up a Lanc. Its fun in a different way. If you REEEALLY hate night, go do something else. Contemplate going to bed.

Killshooter is fine. If every now and then i die because someone flys in front of me, who cares? People who play this just for the biggest score should think about a break from PC gaming and a look at the real world again.

Collisions work well, if you crash you die. It's very simple to understand. If you die and the other guy doesn't, tough, live with it. Scream some expletives and you'll feel better, i guarantee it.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Who wants
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2002, 11:02:40 PM »
me
me
not me.

If two planes collide, one would think they would both be damaged in teh real world..
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
Who wants
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2002, 11:18:05 PM »
What funked said.

Hooligan