Author Topic: Who wants  (Read 644 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Who wants
« on: February 03, 2002, 01:06:54 PM »
The night?
The killShooter?
The collisions model?

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Who wants
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2002, 01:09:21 PM »
me
me
me

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Who wants
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2002, 02:20:09 PM »
not me
me
not me!

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Who wants
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2002, 02:29:36 PM »
Me
Me
Me

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Who wants
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2002, 02:34:00 PM »
Not me.

Me, only if the only effect is setting to 0 the ammo counts of the shooter instead of killing him.

Not me at all.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Who wants
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2002, 02:34:17 PM »
Me
Me
Me

Night is a good change of pace, and makes for some real cool screen shots.  The situation changes at night, and is maybe a good chance to grab a GV or go for a buff ride.  If you don't like that, turn off the lights in your room, or boost your gama settings a bit, and you can see better.  It would be nice addition if there was an in-game gama slider for night flying.

Kill Shooter, is better than the alternatives.  It gets frustrating when somone cuts you off, but it is another good reason to work on your SA.

Collision Model, is excellent!  Don't hit anything, and you won't explode.  Most people don't understand how and why it works. The only complain is why they crashed into someone, and the other guy did die.  They should follow the first rule of collisions... Don't hit anything, and you won't explode.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Who wants
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2002, 02:39:12 PM »
The collision model has gotta be one of the most misunderstood things in AH. Not only is it the best way to handle them, it's the only way you could.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Who wants
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2002, 02:55:30 PM »
The night is okay, wouldnt mind if it didnt exist though.

Killshooter is necessary, or at least make own country bullets have no effect.  Have to have some protection against jerks.

The collision modeling seems fine to me, ya hit someone, ya take massive and normally fatal damage.  What would we an alternative?

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Who wants
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2002, 03:06:31 PM »
Killshooter is necessary, or at least make own country bullets have no effect. Have to have some protection against jerks.

Kill shooter works great for me when I am the one with 8 nme on my 6 :)  Without that consequence, all 8 cold be hosing away.  I wouldn't mind if the self damage was reduced to avoid loosing your tail when someone cuts you off when you are firing.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
Who wants
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2002, 03:17:16 PM »
Yes
No
No, but I don't think there is anything better considering net speeds vs real time flying

Offline DES

• Copper Member
Who wants
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2002, 03:22:37 PM »
Just do away with the night. It was neat the first time or two now I just log if I come on and it's night.

DES

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Who wants
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2002, 03:35:04 PM »
no night

we need kilshootr to prevent spray and prayers from shooting over your shoulder. This doesn't effect guys that dont mix it up much but get in there and you will see d900 f4us and f6fs sprayiong well behind you and through you. Killshooter keeps them in check.

Flying around at 25k killshootr is never a factor.

Colision has to be this way Its been discussed throughly there simply is no better way. Much like ks its usaully easy to avoid.

What you see on your fe is what you are in conyrol off if you see it happen then its your fault.

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Who wants
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2002, 03:37:40 PM »
not me
me
me

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Who wants
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2002, 04:03:16 PM »
Night: Much shorter.

KS: kill the shooter guns or just set his ammo to 0.

Collisions: most of them are accidents or HOs. If they are accidents, both planes should survive, else, activate collisions for friendlies too. If they are HOs, In 99% of the cases they'll be already dead when colided. So, IMO, the best way is just to deactivate collisions.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Who wants
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2002, 04:10:26 PM »
" So, IMO, the best way is just to deactivate collisions."

A definate no to this, Mandoble; although the discussion on how they should be modeled is another thing.

Airwarrior had no collisions, with the result that it was considered perfect ACM to deliberatly fly through your enemy guns blazing.

The risk of collision in AH enforces much more realistic ACM.

I would almost agree with your point of friendly collisions, indeed I'd like to see it, if I only I could imagine a way of getting of a busy spawn point first.....:)