Author Topic: My first sortie in the CT  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
My first sortie in the CT
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2002, 08:01:16 PM »
Right. I'll send flowers next time.

Cya up.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2002, 08:17:42 PM »
I talk to whoever talks to me. I help whoever asks for help to a point.I tend to miss loads of stuff on the radio while im fighting and i dont always pay attention on climb out as im watching tv in same room.I often other fliers.I fly CT a lot

My personal experience is CT is much quieter than MA but mainly due to far fewer people typing.

The one thing you cant 'expect' from an online game is a warm welcome or lots of chat but it often happens.Surely you cant think this behaviour is some sort of snobbery or elitism?

ignorence, lack of attention maybe but no snobbery.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2002, 09:47:25 PM »
Mr. Hanky,

Your point about first impressions is well taken. I’m sorry it wasn’t a better experience. Not to speak for Hangtime  --we’ll OK I am -- but if he ignored you, I assure you he wasn’t being exclusive or arrogant. I’ve always found him willing to talk, help or offer thanks. Hell, the real problem is getting him to shut up.

Sounds like your going to stick around – I bet you find your first impression isn’t typical.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Mr Hanky

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2002, 12:28:05 AM »
Right. I'll send flowers next time.

Cya up.

I suppose that translates to "I really thought I sent you flowers"...

« Last Edit: February 06, 2002, 01:40:28 AM by Mr Hanky »

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2002, 07:25:12 AM »
Well Hanky for me not having flown in AH in a couple of weeks I typically do one thing. I ignore everything on channel 1 for the most part. Plus I almost always turn kill messages off because I don't need to know who got killed or who did the killing. Not to mention a habit I picked up in the MA of squelching channel 1 almost every time I log in.

Also is this your game ID? If so then people are probably thinking that you are someone else because I remember another hanky from WB and a while back in AH.

Anyway good luck in the game and the arena and look me up in the CT over the next few days. I will be logging in to get time with our newbie :D  squadron guy Taggart.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"