Author Topic: Day of Defeat Version 2.0  (Read 1566 times)

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Day of Defeat Version 2.0
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2002, 09:54:14 AM »
Thanks for the fast replies :)

I was wary of any Trojans or manipulation of my Pc. But if this is how the anti-cheat software works I'll let them do it from now on. I've have a lot of fun playing but too many "wierd" occurances on many hosts to have any faith that there weren't any cheats being used by some players on them.

Westy

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2002, 10:33:42 AM »
The guys at 54 were running punk buster but have recently started to run CSGuard. I don't know yet the reason for the switch.

The also have a lag boot feature where you will not be able to play if your connection lag is 500 ms or larger.

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2002, 02:35:28 PM »
Acccording to Biff the sysop for the CS server that 54 squad runs they stopped running punk buster because "PB stopped supporting Half-Life. Besides that, it was client-server which was a PITA for the players.

Cheating-Death is the best anti-cheat solution out there right now, and the only reason we're not running it is because it's client-server also."

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2002, 04:30:05 PM »
the MG is so dangerous ! :D
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2002, 02:46:33 AM »
Does anyone know if there will be any new maps for DoD? Some maps are huge fun but alot of em djust plain sucks...
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2002, 04:07:45 AM »
Most likely, there are some dedicated map making groups, hopefully we'll see some soon.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2002, 05:05:36 AM »
Downloading it right now. Never was good at these kinda games in multiplayer, but sure will be fun to check it out.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2002, 05:10:05 AM »
Dont give up the first day Santa, i got blasted to pieces the first two days, but now as i have learned the maps and weapons its quite an different story...

Im totally hooked, but sometimes i get soo frustrated :)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2002, 05:50:11 AM »
Yup, wounderfull game :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2002, 06:04:16 AM »
you will throw mohaa away...DoD beats it hands down

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2002, 06:51:55 AM »
I love MOHAA, but haven't played it in MP.

I am not very good at such games: I lack the mouse coordination to be effective. Always die from something unknown.

The fights I am in where I manage to get a kill, I count succesful, whether I die or not.

Hey Maniac, how about you team up with me a bit? Could need yer help. We're close geographically, so finding a server with low lag should be doable.

Or anyone else who wants to help a poor newbie out.

ooh, Dl just finished, have tried it. WOW. MG42 is AWESOME, but I actually think MG34 is more for me. I like the covering fire aspect of it.

At any rate, gonna find me an online game now.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2002, 09:02:42 AM »
Add me to ICQ santa, 7473298.

We'll find something, I live South of Malmö you know :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2002, 09:57:03 AM »
Lets team up :)

I will dload ICQ when i get home... so post your numbers!

Santa, download "punkbuster" and install it, its an client/server software wich is reqiured for the servers wich i play on, its an anti-cheat software...

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2002, 12:16:46 PM »
Well, played it for a bit. Amusing, but not as good as I'd hoped.

The colour selection makes it hard to distinguish good guys froom bad ones. Also, the camo is a bit overdone: sometimes it is virtually impossible to see the enemy. Some kind of dynamic lightning would help.

That's not my main problem though. Obviously, it has some other prediction algorithm than in AH., It seems what happpens on my FE doesnt produce a result -rather it is something else. Many times I've shot directly at an enemy, dead on, and missed. And, I've fired, then taken cover, only to get hit when I am well behind cover.

I might suck, but notn  this bad. It is annoying to have a perfect shot go amiss - then when you actually miss the enemy, you get a kill. As long as you were leading the enemy a bit (very close distance).

Also seems there are at least some cheaters out there. I cannot believe that some people can shoot you the very same microsecond as they see you - especially as they have to turn 180m  degrees to turn.  No one is THAT good.

I hope there's a WWII game based on, say GR's engine. Would be cool.

I'll try it a bit more, and compare to MOHAA. Will see.

Offline Udie at Work

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2002, 01:37:42 PM »
Originally posted by StSanta
Well, played it for a bit. Amusing, but not as good as I'd hoped.

The colour selection makes it hard to distinguish good guys froom bad ones. Also, the camo is a bit overdone: sometimes it is virtually impossible to see the enemy. Some kind of dynamic lightning would help.

That's not my main problem though. Obviously, it has some other prediction algorithm than in AH., It seems what happpens on my FE doesnt produce a result -rather it is something else. Many times I've shot directly at an enemy, dead on, and missed. And, I've fired, then taken cover, only to get hit when I am well behind cover.

I might suck, but notn  this bad. It is annoying to have a perfect shot go amiss - then when you actually miss the enemy, you get a kill. As long as you were leading the enemy a bit (very close distance).

Also seems there are at least some cheaters out there. I cannot believe that some people can shoot you the very same microsecond as they see you - especially as they have to turn 180m  degrees to turn.  No one is THAT good.

I hope there's a WWII game based on, say GR's engine. Would be cool.

I'll try it a bit more, and compare to MOHAA. Will see.

I think what you're seeing is lag.  I get the same weirdness in CS too.  Some of it is cheats im sure.  The thing to remember is that this thing is a Quake 2 based game :)  Remember HL was based on the quake2 engine.  I wish they'd make this for the GR engine too. ...............