Author Topic: Perk point question  (Read 223 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Perk point question
« on: February 04, 2001, 10:56:00 PM »
I posted thins in the bug forum but haven't seen any response from HTC yet.

How many players lost all or part of their perk points at the last tour change. I lost all of mine. Kills are not registering this tour either. I "heard" on the buffer in the MA when I mentioned it that others have had similar experiences. fscott advised he had lost a substantial amount of points. Anyone else??

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

lazs

Perk point question
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2001, 08:39:00 AM »
HT and crew have seen the error of their ways and have decided to "phase" out the idiotic perk system.   They started by dumping a percentage of players per tour.   A message will follow to the effect that their are some "problems" with the system and it will need to be studied.
lazs

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Perk point question
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »
Ronni, "answered" this for me. I was mistaken about the points listed on the score window in the tower. I assumed points listed were perk points as I saw no other reason to display points except for perk purposes..

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Moose11

Perk point question
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »

Originally posted by lazs:
HT and crew have seen the error of their ways and have decided to "phase" out the idiotic perk system.   They started by dumping a percentage of players per tour.   A message will follow to the effect that their are some "problems" with the system and it will need to be studied.
lazs

Don't beat on what you haven't even tried yet. Cripes.

lazs

Perk point question
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2001, 02:31:00 PM »
Well gee moose..... I haven't tried castration as an hepetitus cure yet either but...

Please explain how in gawds name having uber planes mixed in with the more evenly matched ones is gonna not be a bad thing.   Thing is... I won't even fly one no matter how many  idiotic "perk" points I get... I mean I think vutching is fine sport but even I would be embarassed to get a kill in a perk plane.   Some dipshits might enjoy it tho.

After perk... It will be a different crowd in AH, bet?
lazs

Moose11

Perk point question
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »

Originally posted by lazs:
Well gee moose..... I haven't tried castration as an hepetitus cure yet either but...

Please explain how in gawds name having uber planes mixed in with the more evenly matched ones is gonna not be a bad thing.   Thing is... I won't even fly one no matter how many  idiotic "perk" points I get... I mean I think vutching is fine sport but even I would be embarassed to get a kill in a perk plane.   Some dipshits might enjoy it tho.

After perk... It will be a different crowd in AH, bet?
lazs

Don't try to compare one with another. I don't think anyone considers castration a trophy. It is two compeltely different situations. We're talking about a gameplay system that might enhance the way things play out. To say that perk planes are completely useless before you get the chance to try one is just pointless as you say the perks are- and I don't believe that you're never going to use the ones you've saved up.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Perk point question
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
Right after the tour reset I was flyin a b17 and got 2 kills and sent 2 others home with a ruptured oil line/radiator.  I checked the score (not perks) after I had landed and my kills showed 0

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Perk point question
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2001, 05:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by CavemanJ:
Right after the tour reset I was flyin a b17 and got 2 kills and sent 2 others home with a ruptured oil line/radiator.  I checked the score (not perks) after I had landed and my kills showed 0

I have no kills listed either since the tour change.

Mav

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown