Author Topic: What is supposed to happen after a reset?  (Read 224 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
What is supposed to happen after a reset?
« on: February 04, 2001, 11:51:00 PM »
I was going to reply to Dinger’s thread however I believe this is more directed at the conditions after a reset has occurred.  I would like to say great fun on the raid.  Salute to the few rooks that played havoc with us on the way, I still got there though, hehe.  I also had a chance, before hand, to be online during a reset.  Again salute to the Rooks, who had the whole map.

We were doing well working on the south end, steaming two carrier groups up the main island, one was TG20 on the west.  This brings me to a question that maybe some of you can answer, maybe not.  This was the first reset I have been through.  It actually took me several minutes to figure out, “whoa, all of a sudden I am now deep behind enemy lines”.  I was in the air and didn’t notice a thing.  I also did find it strange that the carriers where in the same place’s they had been before the fields were reorganized.  Also the Knights had the same landmass they had started with on the previous game.  I have often seen radio chatter pronounce “if we get the reset we can change our map position”.  So here comes some questions:

How, or what is it that determines the starting area of “country” on the map?

How or when does the starting area change?

Shouldn’t everything start completely over?  I was in the air, shouldn’t I have returned to a tower as well as carriers to port?

Zippatuh

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2001, 05:30:00 AM »
It is random what area each country gets assigned to. Sometimes they will keep the one they had before sometimes all countries gets new starting positions.

The reset happens when one country is down to one base (the moment their second last base is captured). The change is instant, with a message in the buffer saying who won. The winner of the 3x20 perk points is the country with biggest ammount of bases.

If you are in the air you will be able to keep flying and sometime have very long trip home. Carriers will be handed over to the new owners of the ports at the position they were at when reset happened, which mean that they can happen to be deep in enemy territory.

------------------
Ltn. Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34
My own homepage
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2001, 06:39:00 AM »
Snefens, are you sure it's random who goes where?

The last few resets I've seen (other than the TOD reset) it seems the winners went up north, while the losers went to the SE corner.  (The Bucket)

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2001, 07:50:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ghosth:
Snefens, are you sure it's random who goes where?

The last few resets I've seen (other than the TOD reset) it seems the winners went up north, while the losers went to the SE corner.  (The Bucket)

Its random...when the rooks won on Saturday, we returned to the SW corner.

-Dingy

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2001, 07:53:00 AM »

You gather up the war criminals and have a ball.

-Westy

Ice

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2001, 09:16:00 AM »
Bishops never get a reset....sniff

nonoht

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2001, 09:35:00 AM »
yep bish never get a reset....
there is only one solution,  knights and rooks have cracked the HTC code....  

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2001, 10:34:00 AM »
Random, I can understand that.  It seems to me though that a sequential change would be better, either clockwise or counter.

Also if it is a reset because a “country” has won, shouldn’t all resources return to the same state?  Everyone on the ground and fleets returned to port.

Just a suggestion but it seems that a “clean” start after a reset is a more fare approach to all sides.

Zippatuh