Author Topic: Historical arena, just what is it?  (Read 546 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Historical arena, just what is it?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2001, 05:04:00 PM »
Ah; yer a buncha wuzzies.  

Yah; I want a HA.. and lemme poke a hole in this latest HA conspiracy theory that seems to be finding 'favor'..

1. We can't have an HA till player base expands..

Bogus.. how's that jive with the 'There's only gonna be six or seven guys hiding from each other in there.."' Total BS; think about it.. IF HA concept was so unpopular, how could it's insignificant draw of pilots from the MA pilot pool deteriorate the game play abongst the 175 folks on at prime time in the MA?

HA is by nature the concept of opposing SIDES having appropriate A/C. That means an RPS for the HA, with Allied/Axis adversaries.

Whats so damn difficult to deal with here.. Is it the idea that the guys that REALLY wanna do HA type flying will leave yer scurvy ridden A1 orbiting furballing MA with it's dweeb Chog vs Pony and N1K vs 109 planeset behind that intimidates you??

Sheesh. Open a HA.. let the players vote with their presence.

Or are all you miserable little MA Joe Stalins out there just too damn frightened of QUALITY FLIGHT SIMMING without an A1 furball that yer panties get bunched when someone ASKS for it.

Sheesh.

(flame suit on)

------------------
Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"  << Recruiting!!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2001, 05:07:00 PM »
"Heard u the first time in that other thread.... Did i leave???"

Matter of fact I thought you had left. Now suddenly you seem to have re-appeared asking for changes and implementations but I've yet to see any sorties by your handle on the stats page reflecting use of the pay to play arenas.

-Westy

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2001, 05:20:00 PM »

Or are all you miserable little MA Joe Stalins out there just too damn frightened of QUALITY FLIGHT SIMMING without an A1 furball that yer panties get bunched when someone ASKS for it. - Hang

See... this is the other issue.  If we get an AH, would we see tons of BBS rants in the form of "Argh ya bunch of MA sissies come to the HA and fly like REAL men!"

I for one would get tired of this real quick, nevermind what this would do to the community here.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2001, 05:59:00 PM »
Me too Nash.. who wants to hear that?? Not me. Fact is; there's a counter opinion to every one ever presented on the HA subject; I've watched it all ad-nausem.  Just like you.  

But; that's NOT the point. The point is; if guys HAD a HA to fly in, they either will or won't fly in it. as far as I can see; the choice is the pilots. But the key is they'd have a CHOICE. They don't now. Whats the harm in HTC giving us a choice?

The damn community here on this BBS is about 10% of the community FLYING IN THE SIM. Put up a HA.. Let us decide it THERE.

------------------
Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"  << Recruiting!!

[This message has been edited by Hangtime (edited 02-05-2001).]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2001, 06:28:00 PM »
Hi westy,
         Maniac bounced me in his 51 the other night while I was a lumbering hvy hog trying to jabo the VH at A19. I then came back and returned the favor I dont know what the status of his account is but he has flown at least one sortie, that much I know.
Just to clarify...dont want to be in the middle of any acrimony here at all.

kbman

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2001, 08:06:00 PM »
"dont want to be in the middle of any acrimony here at all. kbman"

Your not kbman. and I'm not trying to cause anything with Maniac. I do rememebr a couple of months ago, or was it a few, he was not a happy camper here to say the least.  

I was only curious because Maniac appeared to make a comeback in the boards but I did not see any stats when I went to see if he'd actually "come back." When I saw none I wondered why he would want HTC to do anything with AH when he wasn't a customer. But apparantly he is so_________

Welcome back Maniac  

-Westy

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2001, 10:49:00 PM »
HA is coming and its name is WWIIOL.
It might take a while (Like AH) and it sure gonna have some bugs (Like AH) and its going to have a sort of RPS (Not like AH).

I've seen people acting here against WWIIOL just like how some WB guys have acted against AH. Maybe you could copy/paste some Mr.??'s post next time. All you had to do is change names and there you go.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2001, 12:36:00 AM »
Westy, get an clue.

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2001, 12:59:00 AM »
Open a HA in the SEA. When Special Events are not running, let the SEA default to whatever settings the HA crowd can all <cough> agree on. (I got the hot dog and beer concession on that thread!)

What can it hurt? The MA is full enough now; running around 150 most US evenings. If they lose even 50 to a HA, there's still plenty of action there.

Experiment! Don't limit things!

Of course, I share Nash's observation. I flew the HA in that other sim. I saw the "real men fly HA" posts; it WILL happen here. It'll be by some of the guys that have posted in this thread. There's a certain element that must have an irrepresible genetic urge to make everyone march in step to the Leader's cadence.

Barf.

------------------
Toad

Fly what you like. Like what you fly. Don't worry about what the other guy flies. It's a game.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

lazs

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2001, 08:40:00 AM »
hang, I have nothing against a seperate "Hope for Action" arena.   knock yourself out.   I would even say that it should be permanent ETO late war if you like.  In fact, if it drew away all the P51's from the MA I would probly not even notice.
lazs

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »
"get an clue."

"a"

That's "A" clue.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
  Generally an HA is my idea of nothing to do. But, in thinking it over. If they would turn off the easymode in it. I would be interested.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2001, 06:02:00 PM »
Yeah, Mo, and the EZmode radar and EZmode Icons and.....