Author Topic: Why ohh why  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
Why ohh why
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2001, 02:47:00 AM »
Well I've been very dumb. I didn't notice your change...   ;)

I have been wandering what had been of Titanium!   :)

Have my late welcome back!   :D

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Why ohh why
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2001, 02:51:00 AM »
It's darn idiotic remarks on open radio, The "WTF you should of died" or How did you do that it's impossible"

Kill for the whine, otherwise it's AI.

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
Why ohh why
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2001, 03:15:00 AM »
Def/Tit, u said u flew FA. I did it too and i have to say there were much more idiots on open channel in FA on 1 day then i see in AH in about a month.

There will always be a few budheads that have to compensate some social/psychic or other mental deficits in a online sim, were nobody see what for poor guys they really are. Dont listen to em, simply have fun like most players in AH want to have to.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Why ohh why
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2001, 04:37:00 AM »
The more I play this game, the more I start seeing it from Creamo's point of view.

Scary.

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Why ohh why
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2001, 09:13:00 AM »
Defiance/Titanium, to be honest imo if you are bothered by obvious imbeciles spouting ignorance on channel one then maybe you're just too too sensitive.

If a zipper head calls out a great lead turn as a cheat. Then head for that base he's taking off from and relish in shooting him down again, and again, and again.

Till he calls you a hacker and you are bestowed with that ultimate in praise!   :D

Westy

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Why ohh why
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2001, 09:41:00 AM »
"Cherry Picker"

"Nice Spray and Pray"

"Hacker!"

"Coward! You didn't stay and fight"

All remarks I've received in the last week.  All by people that just died.  All followed by a "LOL! Shut up dead guy!".

I do notice that of all the people I've fought this tour, only two have said these things.  Many more have said "Nice Fight <S>".

If you squelch channel one for the minority, you risk missing something actually good from the majority.

AKDejaVu

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Why ohh why
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
LOL Hangtime.. sooo true !

Offline Defiance

• Nickel Member
Why ohh why
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
Hiya's,
Westy i can see where ya comin from but if i can try to explain a bit more clearly....

The silly comments be it on open radio or priv text are just that silly/moronic etc etc
All it does in my case is erode the fun element bit by bit from my flying time
I arse around on squad/country radio and have a laugh n try to crack a joke now n again as many do   :)
I was brought up with a very commom phrase etched into my braincell "If you can't say anything good, Keep thy gob shut" i just wish more guys/gals were on the same par   lol

As for FA i was gumpygumpy then joined the TS guys   :) TS_Gumpy
I/WE 99.9% of the time full full real so all the quaker kids were left to abuse each other in ffa and arcade arenas   :D
In my two years flying FA Real i never witnessed as much b#llocks in there as i now can flying AH for one week   :(

I did take being called/insinuated i was a Hack as a compliment but after i while it sure does get boring  lmao (ahh if only i was i maybe able to get cyber work etc !!)
To me repetition equates to boredom and constant spoutings on radio 1 do to me get boring, This in itself as i say erodes pleasure from this sim from my point of view

Ask yourself this, Compared to one year ago has radio text got worse or better ?
I myself can say worse for sure, This is what annoys me

I say Perk the Text   :p

Have Fun

Disillusioned Def

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: Defiance ]

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Why ohh why
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »
Perk the text? I wish   :)

I see the radio as having gotten much better over the last year. There is, imo, actually much less obscenities scrolling on the radio text bar than a year ago. A LOT less.
 The idiocy like "Nice warp"  "BS!! No way a P-51 could out turn a Spit!!!" "nICE HAck mOvE XXX! " all remains the same imo.
 I think maybe you've just gotten tired of it as you've given it too much mind.  

Westy

Offline Defiance

• Nickel Member
Why ohh why
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2001, 12:42:00 PM »
Hey Westy you might be right !
Maybe i am visualising the text buffer as one might an eye irritant (hmm that spelt right ?)
You know the kinda thing you see a speck in your eye like a black mark etc and the more you look the more it tends to irritate you lol

Have Fun

Def

edit...still can't spell   :(  lol

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: Defiance ]

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Why ohh why
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2001, 02:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Westy MOL:
Perk the text? I wish    :)

I see the radio as having gotten much better over the last year. There is, imo, actually much less obscenities scrolling on the radio text bar than a year ago. A LOT less.
 The idiocy like "Nice warp"  "BS!! No way a P-51 could out turn a Spit!!!" "nICE HAck mOvE XXX! " all remains the same imo.
 I think maybe you've just gotten tired of it as you've given it too much mind.  

Westy

*ROFL* did you explain to the spit about how you can take a wider turn arc but at a faster speed and turn outside the guy???  "Cheater!"  "Naw, I just paid attention in physics class!"

On a side note...  Don't turn a Pony with a Spit V behind you!!  Just ask daddog how excited I got when the pony started turning!  I saw the pony extending;  I was resigned to watching him go, when all of a sudden he turned hard left, and bye bye precious E and speed!  A couple of rounds from the 20's and the Pony went BOOOM!  I should listen to my own advice, I blew my E in my first sortie in the Chk 6 and started flopping around.  AKHog laughed at me, that n1k2 dweeb!!   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Why ohh why
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2001, 08:20:00 PM »
Know what I learned from this thread.  Some can keep chanel 1 open and it doesn't bother them at all, on the other hand there are those myself included who are of the temperament that if in real life you were to in the most remote way insinuate that we were cheating, we would immediately reach up your arse and turn you inside out.  We dysfunctional fellows can't afford to look like stunninghunks so to eliminate the posibility of doing something stupid on chanel 1 I'll just keep it squelched.
Beeg

Offline laz

• Copper Member
Why ohh why
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2001, 08:53:00 PM »
just out of curiostity (if its spelled right  :)  ), have any of you ever said crap like this to people?? maybe you guys could be talking about each other??  :eek:   :eek:   :eek: