Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 643 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Hey guys
« on: February 10, 2002, 04:24:44 PM »
Why don't we try to post CT related things in this forum. It'll make it easier for us to all see and it'll save pyro or whomever the trouble of policeing the boards. Also, whenever we call the MA a "furball fest" or worse its not helping us populate the CT, just alienates some more people. A lot of people like the MA (look at the #'s). I think we can all agree we want more people in the CT no? well one way is to not piss off potential pilots.  I'm not trying to demand anything :), just respectfully asking you to post the CT stuff here, and try to quit slamming the MA if you will. Remember, when you make cracks about the MA, you're making cracks about HTC themselves. The MA is their creation & their bread and butter, so lets respect it.

Now, be easy with me!

:)

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2002, 04:49:12 PM »
Well said.  Amazing that it even had to be said.

bowser

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Hey guys
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2002, 06:37:47 PM »
Yep, well said.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Hey guys
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2002, 09:54:35 PM »
HBlair,
Sounds good, but can you put a Riff Raff filter on the CT BB to keep "them" out.  Some of "them" just don't get our "elite" ways of thinking.
LOL, someone's going to have fun with this post.
What does a guy gotta do to win "whine of the week" around here?

eskimo

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Hey guys
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2002, 11:15:39 PM »
Yessir I agree HB.  It only takes one detrimental comment to erase 10 good ones.

I also want everyone to note that HB is from Alabama, as I am. You see..we have good idea's at times;)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Hey guys
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2002, 01:31:31 AM »
Hi Hi Hblair :D
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Hey guys
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2002, 10:22:56 AM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Some of "them" just don't get our "elite" ways of thinking.

"I yam what I yam, an' that's all that I yam" -Popeye

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Hey guys
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2002, 03:14:50 PM »
I'm tired of being polite.

No sir, no more kid gloves and kindness, I'm gonna lay it out just like it is.

Well... maybe not. Don't wanna spend the next 25 years doin 5-10.

Pay no attention to the guy mumbling in the corner.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Hey guys
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2002, 05:09:15 PM »
Good idea Hblair.
We don't help the CT antagonizing the MA crowd, however a weekly post in the General Forum detailing what the next CT scenario will be is still a good idea IMO.

Offline Karaya

• Zinc Member
Hey guys
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2002, 09:18:32 AM »
hblair,

well spoken.

i flew in the CT for a bit the other day and was totally shocked by the positive and supportive comments. what is wrong with this arena? :)

i enjoy the arena settings and it would be great if all of us could check the main arena trash at the door and return to some sort of ethics both in and out of the arena.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Hey guys
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2002, 11:06:52 AM »
Originally posted by Löwe
Good idea Hblair.
We don't help the CT antagonizing the MA crowd, however a weekly post in the General Forum detailing what the next CT scenario will be is still a good idea IMO.

I like the "what we have planned" announcements.  They get people to check out the CT in a positive manner.

AKDejaVu

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Hey guys
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2002, 03:43:09 AM »
Unfortunately lately, with my hectic work schedule flying in any arena is very difficult.  Joining TODs' etc. are almost impossible for one who works different 24/7 shifts.  And I do like the CT very very much.  The reasons are many, short icons, forces better SA,more teamwork involved in a war between  two countries etc.  I think these advantages should be advertised.

All we really need to do is get people to try it.  And no matter which side they fly, be as helpful as we can.  I shouldn't say "we" because of my "flight time"  but helping newer individuals that enter the CT would be of great advantage.

Also....since I fly Bish in the MA one of the nicest features in the CT is that I am flying with my adversaries in the MA.  I really enjoy flying with StSanta, Saw, Wilbus, Hazed etc.  By doing so it greatly adds to the community commraderie as a whole.  It's also a really nice feature that should be spread by word of mouth.

Two days ago I really had lots of fun when StSanta, SAW and myself were winging.  We had great fights against the Allies, although I certainly get tired looking up at the enemy in my A8, the experience was much more fun then multiplane furballing in the MA.

Methinks, in my humble opinion that spreading the word, not forcefully, but just commenting on the differences between the two would be to the CTs' advantage.  Shamus, a squadmate of mine in the MA also likes very much to fly in the CT.  We've spread the word amongst our squad in the MA.  I know Mauser also likes the CT.  There's got to be some subtle way we can get people to try it.

Long winded sorry
Hajo
- The Flying Circus -