Author Topic: Tanks and thanks again  (Read 888 times)

Offline crabofix

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Tanks and thanks again
« on: May 03, 2000, 08:42:00 PM »

I am still looking for some other way to dislpay ranges other then icons, when it comes to the vehicles.
The icon gives you away in a longer distance then it should.
A Tank that is setting an ambush should be very hard to spot. Someone sugested that a shoot fired could "light" the icon for a short  while and my sugestion is that the Icon should be turned completly of, for enemys when the engine is not runing.

I was also a bit sad when I got the reply that vehicles are going to be very simple in AH. There´s a potential in the air to ground, ground to air, ground to ground fightin.

Thanx for the vehicles HTCGANG!!

------------------

BORK,BORK,BORK!!!"
Crabofix <What happend?...:A stranger morgie turndee burndee ,flip flip flip flip flip flip>
Flygflottlj.19(Lento R5)"swedish Gladiators"

JFalk

Tanks and thanks again
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2000, 08:52:00 PM »
I agree crabofix, I hope that do something with vehicle icon ranges, there have been a number of posts concerning this and other great ideas.  Somebody needs to start a petition type post or something to let HTC how important it is to us.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Tanks and thanks again
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2000, 07:57:00 AM »
This sounds like a petition post here, I give my vote  for more difficult icons on vehicles, for the record, I hunt them and drive them.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Tanks and thanks again
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2000, 08:22:00 AM »
Well as a tank driver I have to agree that tanks are WAY to easy to see.

Can you really be going 350mph or faster and see a stopped tank at D8?

I think that if a tank/m16 is not moving then the range you see the dot should be the same as icon.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals

"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Tanks and thanks again
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2000, 09:57:00 AM »
Count me in guys!

I've spent most of my time in tanks since they were released.

Seems to me we should have 3 levels of id.

D5 tank at full speed raising dust cloud.

D2 tank stopped or slow, fireing

D1 Tank stopped, eng off, ".camo" (and 15 sec delay to accomplish this)

Camo stays and prevents you from moveing until you  ".uncamo" (another 15 sec delay to pack up camo)

Also, some kind of rangefinder for ground targets OTHER than fireing a shell a known distance. Along with that please consider 100' hash marks in the sight between the 1000' marks, they should be small, almost unseen unless zoomed in.

[This message has been edited by Ghosth (edited 05-04-2000).]

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Tanks and thanks again
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2000, 11:20:00 AM »
I wonder how it would be if there were only friendly icons for tanks, but they trailed a dust cloud when they moved and emitted a poof of smoke and muzzle blast when they fired.  That way they would have some measure of stealth for ambush, but would still be detectable when moving.  Might be tough on FPS though.

popeye

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
Tanks and thanks again
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2000, 03:42:00 PM »
It's my understanding that HT is looking at D1.5 range for icons and dots for vehicles if non-moving...
Probably keep the D3.5 for moving...
Of course, I'm not privvy to any info that he hasn't announced, and since this was stuff he  mentioned a few weeks back in casual comms, there is always the real chance he'll change his mind. And My memory isn't always the best. But I hope I wasn't reading anything extra into his comms.

The 20k dot is supposed to go away. (hopefully next release),.

My only hope is that AAA will be fixed to NOT fire through obstructions, (ie: hangars, fuel tanks etc.), and I'd like to see friendly fire affect friendly structures. Example. Other night I managed to get tank on field, hid between the two fighter hangars. Mutiple bombs, and gun runs later I was finally dislodged. The hangars I was sitting under were not affected at all. (at least 4 1000 lb bombs had been dropped near me as well as several 500's. A HUGE assorment/amount of  aircraft guns had been expended. The structures obviously gave me some protection, but suffered no damage itself.

------------------
GreyBeard, Squadron Leader
Commander, "E" Flight, Aces High
Senior Staff Council
"The Skeleton Crew"
"Fly with Honor"[/i]
"Keepin' the Faith"

[This message has been edited by SC-GreyBeard (edited 05-04-2000).]