Author Topic: Multi-engine plane, 1 engine shutdown  (Read 426 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Multi-engine plane, 1 engine shutdown
« on: February 11, 2002, 04:19:57 PM »
OK, I know the commands on shutting down a certain engine on a multi engine plane. My problem is when an engine gets shotup and dies and I kill the corresponding engine on the other wing to balance yaw, I can't seem to synch the remaining 'running' engines without restarting that engine I just shut down. Got any tips here or am I maybe doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance,
fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2002, 05:52:21 PM »
Yeah it kind of sucks. I've had the same problems. It seems that once you shut down an engine you have to operate the remaining engines individually.

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2002, 07:29:56 PM »
hitting shift+E will select all engines. so the engines you have running you will be able to controll with your throttle.:)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2002, 05:31:15 PM »
And shift e gets you right back where you started with, with a bum engine on 1 wing and too much yaw.
Say, on a 17, #1 engine shot and oil gone and you do a SHFT4e to cut #4 and balance the thrust. How do you then synch #2 & #3 and get them to respond to throtle inputs and leave #4 off.
SHFTe , does it but also restarts #4, CNTRLe, which is supposed to do it, seems to have no effect for me.
At least on the 17, the manifold and engine rpm are 'funny' in their responses to throttle inputs.

Maybe I shouldn't look at the trees and focus on the forrest...

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline ICKID

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2002, 02:40:48 PM »
Cntl E

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2002, 01:15:13 PM »
Oooops... I done did it again.
I figured out whats wasn't happening and engines can be re-synched in fuzeland.
I assumed the CNTRL e command, whish is listed as the SELECT ALL ENGINES key would be mapped, it wasn't. Once I did map CNTRLe, it works like a charm.
Wouldn't you think a default command that is listed should be mapped as a default?? Similar to T and F12 for voice...

Oh well, take away my keyboard... I'm yappin as usual.

fuzeman