Author Topic: tempest :)  (Read 744 times)

Offline laz

• Copper Member
tempest :)
« on: June 23, 2001, 08:29:00 PM »
ok peoples... i chose the tempest as my new plane. i am wondering how many of  you think it is too good... and how many of you would give me toejam if i shot you down with it??   thanx  :cool:

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2001, 08:41:00 PM »
its got speed but it wont last long in a turn fight

you will be the primary target in a big furball for all enemy aircraft near you
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2001, 08:46:00 PM »
Tempest is a very good energy fighter in the verticle...but its best use right now is to drag 10-15 NME cons away from a base your trying to capture.  Jusdt fly in....wiggle your tail a bit...and drag drag drag.

Offline laz

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2001, 09:24:00 PM »
so you guys really don't think it is too good?

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2001, 09:56:00 PM »
Yes, It is a very good aircraft in a one on one fight. Like Cit said, the problem is that in the MA everyone loves to gun down a perk plane. You may end up with 75% of your opponents on your 6.  :)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2001, 10:53:00 PM »
The Tempest is a very competent aircraft.. great firepower, good speed, good energy retention, plenty of accel and a good dive. There's 2 downticks.. 1st.. it's so smooth it fools you into thinking you can turn fight with it... and 2nd.. it's perked.

Some guy once quipped "Don't underestimate the value of teamwork... It gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at." A 'distinctive' perk plane like a Tempest in the MA makes it a one plane 'team' in that regard.

I just love havin a wingie in a Tempest. I can shoot guys off his bellybutton all day long with my Pony.  :)

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline laz

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2001, 11:06:00 PM »
thanx a lot guys  :D