Author Topic: Request regarding use configurable fuel tank use  (Read 91 times)

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
Request regarding use configurable fuel tank use
« on: February 14, 2002, 01:40:39 PM »
I was wondering if it were possible to allow the player to override and configure the order in which fuel is burnt from the tanks in various planes. What I'm after is a means by which I can configure the sequence by which fuel is used from one tank to the next, different from what the "auto" process is. At present I can manually do it (i.e. burn LW tank, then manually switch to RW tank, then switch back, etc etc). I'm looking for the next step though, to basically replace the "auto burn" sequence with my own auto burn config. Allowing for the same combo (burn LW/RW tanks simultaniously, es an example) options too would be needed. That way I don't have to keep manually switching if I don't want to use the automatic format. Perhaps this is already doable, however I've not been able to find a way to automate a different sequence.  

For the most part the default seems pretty good but I've noticed that with several planes a different ordering by which you empty tanks can make a pretty noticable difference on a planes performance, specifically at slower speeds and for snap maneuvers.

I don't know how tough this would be. I'm guessing its mostly an issue of putting in place an interface allowing the player to manipulate the tool used to do the fuel burn configuration. Something for the wish-list perhaps.
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort