Author Topic: What perks planes ARE good for.  (Read 150 times)

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
What perks planes ARE good for.
« on: October 29, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
I was laughing my fat bellybutton off for nearly 20 minutes yesterday.

I flew an F4U-4 into A31 to cover/distract the Knights while 2-3 other Rooks bombed the place.
I pulled off a couple of assists and cleared a couple of 6's before dragging a couple of Nits all around the map.
The first drag was on a P38 and P51.  So intent on killing my Perk Monster, they ignored their falling comrades and home base.
I took them back south where they disengaged to hit a few Lower Rooks.
Later in the same sortie, I pulled them and a good 6 other Knights to the deck as I took off in a south bound dive and left them empty handed and drooling over a missed perk steak.  :D
I climbed back up to about 12K when I noticed a Pony coming in fast at about 15k.
I reversed into him so he leveled high and tried to come in on a dive behind my back.
With a slight climb and no turn, I forced him to overshoot. He started a climb and I matched it while plowing .50 cals into his hinder parts.  He desperately rolled and dodged toward the deck in a failed attempt to escape.
After the kill, I continued to climb back toward home (A16).  Again, I looked back and found a Knight (Typh I think) trying to get to me. I turned out toward the west to ensure it was me he wanted and sure enough, he came along like a fish on a string.

2 Ropes later he was injured and I was dragging him by his nose toward my ack.
He wisely turned away from the ack and I persued.
With the help of a Squad Mate, we finished my 3rd kill and I landed them safely.  :)

The point of all this (obvious by the title) is to show how I have chosen to make use of the Perk Birds.
It's amazing to me how easy it is to sucker a crowd into disappointment.  :D

Viper