Author Topic: Scoring problem...  (Read 315 times)

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Scoring problem...
« on: February 19, 2002, 06:30:15 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the point scoring is a little wack lately? I have been playing this game for quite some time now and can't come up for a reasonable explanation of why this is happening:

I engage an nme plane and give it a decent shot of lead. The wing blows off and he begins his plunge to the ground. Another friendly comes up and gives him a few hits, doing no noticable damage and he gets the kill, I get the assist. Then when someone else gets a guy smoking and I come up and blow him to pieces, they get the kill, I still get an assist.

My understanding of the system is that whoever does the most critically damaging shot to the nme will get the kill. Then how come I can obliterate the cons flight charcteristics while other people get the credit?! Any help on this would be most appreciated, I may just be barking up a tree...

Spin Doctor
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline JV44

• Copper Member
Scoring problem...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2002, 03:26:21 AM »
haha...

Yes, happen to me sometimes too....

I think sometimes the scoring go to the plane that:

a) do a hit AND
b) is the nearest plane when the enemy explode, bail, or hit the ground...

Exspecially in furballs I think the systems sometimes fail to ident the killer and give a assist....

...but because I fly mostly P47 I avoid furballs and often be deep in enemy territory at 25k and surprise the enemy LOL :D

Yesterday I fly 1 minute 200 feet behind a level Pd51 before send him to hell with a single burst :D

Andreas