Author Topic: Reverse Racism  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2002, 03:58:42 PM »
Originally posted by Mighty1
More laws to protect a race is not the answer. The more laws you create to protect a so called discriminated against race the more annomosity you create between them and the other races.

I don't know, I kind of agree with laws allowing minorities to vote, attend public schools or, dare I say it, sit in the front of a bus. These were issues less than 40 years ago, but looking back on those times now who would agree with the concept of denying minorities the vote? OR an education?
I agree that working for civil rights legislation caused an awful lot of anomosity in the 60s, however. Look at all the lynchings, church bombings and other hate crimes that went on.

Offline koala

• Copper Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2002, 08:16:43 PM »
But I feel white society has MUCH to apologize for. And not just over what has happened in our past, from slavery to lynchings to civil rights violations, but also white society should apologize for the descrimination that is still occuring today.

Stop stereotyping whites.  As a white male individual, I don't owe blacks an apology or anything else.  Just because others with my skin color have done bad things to others with black skin color, does not make me guilty by association.  Otherwise you simply justify whites making stereotypical remarks about "black society".  Your remarks are just as racist and ignorant as theirs.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2002, 09:06:07 PM »
Elfenwolf you know good an well I'm talking about new laws not ones from 40 years ago!

Things are not the same as they were 40 years ago nor are things bad enough to require special treatment of ANY race.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2002, 10:03:49 PM »
Mighty1 what new laws are YOU talking about?

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Reverse Racism
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2002, 01:03:42 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

One way is affirmative action, of a sort. Not quotas, but incentives to maintain fairness in hiring and firing. Incentives for minority owned businesses etc. Enforcing the laws against discrimination. Using the power of the press to inform the public about the isidious types of discrimination that still occurrs daily. Treating everyone as you would like to be treated.

Affirmative Action?  No way.  AA has a real nice ring to it, but as soon as it's implemented, all you have is unfairness.  You simply can't say "Affimative Action" without including "quota's" in the meaning. How do you provide an "Incentive" without being totally unfair to "other than" minorities of a supposedly equal status?  

AA leads to unfairness leads to anger leads to racism.  As sorry and sad as that sounds, thats the way it is.  You can't pave the way for someone based on race and not expect those on the short end of the stick not to eventually develop allot of animosity.

The only way is Education, pure and simple.  Unfortunately, that takes time and we are an impatient society.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Reverse Racism
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2002, 03:35:22 AM »
Just a point about black people history in America. AFAIK, based on population and history, most representative black people community in America is in Brazil, not USA.