Author Topic: Reverse Racism  (Read 2026 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2002, 05:37:20 PM »
We were white cracker honkey bigots, until some Black people decided this was bad. They had a "civil rights movement" to stop us from being cracker honkey bigots. Most of us stopped. Thats White History.

sheeesh

:rolleyes:

Offline koala

• Copper Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2002, 05:57:17 PM »
the civil war was not fought over slavery, but it was a factor.

On the surface that is true, and is a popular thing to say, until you really start to study the 10 years leading up to the War.  In reality, the Civil War was fought over slavery, inasmuch as I believe there would have been no Civil War if the institution of slavery had not existed in the South.  Obviously that can be debated and nobody can be sure, because it didn't happen that way, but the whole issue of state rights / sovereignty and the grievances of the secessionist states were driven almost entirely by the slavery issue.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2002, 05:57:41 PM »
Originally posted by easymo
Black history.

We were slaves. We remained slaves until some white people decided that it was wrong to make slaves of us.  They fought a war with other white people to stop slavery. Then we were free.

If I were black, I would just as soon forget about black history.

Now I know why the have black history months.
To TRY to teach people like you.
:rolleyes:

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2002, 06:14:33 PM »
Most historians belive that Lincoln was the match that lit the fuse.  He was an abolitionist. Southerners swore that if he got in the white house there would be a war. A lot of white folks voted him in anyway.

Maybe YOU should try reading something other than liberal propaganda.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2002, 06:23:05 PM »
Originally posted by Mighty1

Maniac I have nothing to apologize for Nor do I think blacks deserve an apology.

Of course not Mighty1. I doubt you pratice discrimination. But I feel white society has MUCH to apologize for. And not just over what has happened in our past, from slavery to lynchings to civil rights violations, but also white society should apologize for the descrimination that is still occuring today.
The black American experience is as opposite to  the white American experience as... well, as black is opposite to white.
Everybody is race-concious, at least. If you're walking at night in a bad neighborhood and hear footsteps approaching from behind you and you glance over your shoulder and it is a black man you'll feel different than if it is a white man. You will feel apprehension,  anxiety and maybe even fear at being approached from behind by an African American male. If the approacher is white you will feel relieved. Hey, a BLACK man in the same situation, being approached from behind will become just as apprehensive, anxious and maybe even be a little bit afraid if the approacher is African American, and he, also, will feel relieved to see a white man approaching him. Who do you think the victims of black crime are? Other blacks, usually.
I also find the phrase "those people," when spoken to me at a social situation by a fellow white guy, to be my catch-phrase to clue me that I am talking to a bigot. Usually within one or two minutes you will tell me a racist joke, more often than not using the "N" word in the punchline, then you will offer, unsolicited, your cure-all for the ills of American society, usually dealing with either deportation, imprisonment or execution, depending on how drunk you are.
Then, as soon as an African American enters the room, you rush right over, give him either a "thumb lock" handshake, high-five or get into an out-and-out H.Rap Brown-style dap with the guy, depending on how drunk you are. You refer to him as "Brother" and "Man" throught your conversation, and in general make yourself look like a totally sucking up a-hole phony.
To belittle black history month the way some of you have begs me to ask this question: Why? It's not like you have to rush out to Hallmark and buy Black History Month cards for your wife. It's not like YOU actually have to do anything. What exactly about Black History Month has so many of you up in arms? Why the resentment? If anything it seems it's the African Americans who should be resentful to us.
Now a disclaimer. In no way, shape or form am I calling anyone here a bigot. My comments are not directed at any individual.
Peace out

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2002, 06:36:49 PM »

Maybe YOU should try reading something other than liberal propaganda.

Are you talking to me?

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2002, 06:44:09 PM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf
If you're walking at night in a bad neighborhood and hear footsteps approaching from behind you and you glance over your shoulder and it is a black man you'll feel different than if it is a white man. You will feel apprehension,  anxiety and maybe even fear at being approached from behind by an African American male

that's only bad if it's based on a hollow, unsubstantiated preconception about blacks.

what if you are more careful solely from experience? should you ignore the insticnt to learn from past experiences in order to be pc?

bah.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2002, 07:21:05 PM »
Originally posted by mrfish

that's only bad if it's based on a hollow, unsubstantiated preconception about blacks.

what if you are more careful solely from experience? should you ignore the insticnt to learn from past experiences in order to be pc?

bah.

LOL who said it was politically incorrect to feel apprehension at a black stranger's approach? My point is that an African American would feel just as threatened as a white man would in the same situation.

Now what is the reason for YOUR apprehension? Is it based upon a hollow, preconcieved notion about African Americans or is it based upon your experience fleeing roaming gangs of African Americans?

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Reverse Racism
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2002, 07:24:35 PM »
If you're walking at night in a bad neighborhood and hear footsteps approaching from behind you and you glance over your shoulder and it is a black man you'll feel different than if it is a white man. You will feel apprehension, anxiety and maybe even fear at being approached from behind by an African American male. If the approacher is white you will feel relieved.

- Elfenwolf

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. LOL, what if you look over your shoulder and see a black and a white together approaching from behind? Get afraid and relieved at the same time??? What actually happens in that bad, black neighborhood is, you are just as aprehensive when approached from behind by the white as you are by the black. Unless of course, you are a racist. ;)  Think about it.

Incidentally, there are many people who have things to apologise for... some for discrimination. But I don't owe any black person an apology for discriminating against them. So please make a mental note not to include me in with those that you have decided owe an apology to black people.

By the way, my comments about Black History Month were inspired by that same sentiment in a  black station personality. The case against Black History Month is real. It is damaging to, and does not serve black people in this country.  

Of course, that is just my opinion.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2002, 07:53:54 PM by Gunthr »
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
Reverse Racism
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2002, 10:02:36 PM »
Well, Eagler, right off I see the Ebony page, with no pictures of or references to any white people that I can tell. Then I look at the People page and see no pictures of or references to any black people that I can tell. "A conspiracy!"

Well, no. Of course not. Though I used People as an example, it can't be perfect. The magazine is intended for the general population. Because of our demographics, it will have a more "white look." Ebony is very intentionally aimed at black people interested in black culture. Of course, it looks like black culture according to Ebony is about the hottest couples and what the rich and famous people have to say about what-have-you. Basically, it looks like a typical stupid, pop-culture magazine, only black. As to whether it's always devoid of any pictures or references to white people, I don't know. I haven't seen a sample of issues.

Even if didn't have any "white content" whatsoever, would it be racist? I don't think so. It's a mainstream alternative, and it doesn't harm anyone, except maybe their IQs.

As to Black History Month, that's a tough call indeed. It's good in that it does exist to remind people of an important part of our history. On the other hand, it gives people a sense of complacency. The only time people have to learn black history is during BHM, and no one bothers to do much about it at any other time. I certainly don't see any specials on History Channel about the Underground Railroad at any other time of the year. It's a tough line to walk, indeed.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2002, 11:34:57 PM »
Originally posted by Gunthr

- Elfenwolf

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. LOL, what if you look over your shoulder and see a black and a white together approaching from behind? Get afraid and relieved at the same time???

LOL no, if I saw a black guy and a white guy approaching my 6 together I would obviously be in a gay neighborhood. I would be safe.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Reverse Racism
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2002, 01:51:20 AM »
:mad:

In the intrests of the sanity of my person and the cleanliness of these boards I will not touch this topic - being involved in the governmental aspect of the laws involving affirmative action and equal employment and the such I have come to detest these programs - they are indeed detremental to our society - the effect is no different than racism in any form - lack of progress.

Mazz

Offline Qnm

• Copper Member
      • http://no-such.net/WORK
Obsession
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2002, 02:31:28 AM »

Offline events

• Zinc Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2002, 02:52:56 AM »
I wanted to jump in this thread, and add my observation on 2 local stories
(that have not made it to national coverage), and a third story that was
shown on a local station, but still involving children.  The comman thread
that I can see, is what are the adults teaching the children?

Events.

Story 1:

http://forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages.cfm?sitekey=okl&Forum=171&Topic=5355

A so-called "Black Pledge of Allegiance" on the Millwood Public School's
Web site has led to a raft of angry e-mails from people who say the statement
amounts to black separatist doctrine.

Here's what it says: "We pledge allegiance of the red, black and green,
                     our flag, the symbol of our eternal struggle, and
                     to the land we must obtain, one nation of black
                     people with one God for us all, totally united in
                     the struggle for black Love, black freedom and
                     black determination."

Story 2:

http://www.kdfwfox4.com/default.htm

FRISCO: MASCOT CONTROVERSY

(FRISCO, February 20) -- A north Texas high school mascot is causing quite a
controversy. Some people in Frisco say the school's fighting coons mascot is racially
insensitive. It's been the team's name for 80 years since Frisco was an isolated farm
town and African American parents say the time's come for a change. Frisco
parent Ken Sallier said, "They are not the ones being teased behind it. All the jokes
and racial slurs. They're not getting that, so they wouldn't know." And parent Jim
Newman said, "I really feel sorry for something that happened in another part of
the country. That has never been a part of our culture. There's never been a
problem with racism in Frisco." The Frisco school board will face the issue in two
weeks.

Story 3:

http://www.kdfwfox4.com/default.htm

CHILDREN OF JIHAD

To a casual observer, the videotape seems so benign. "The Children's Club" is a
show on Palestinian Authority Television, produced by the Palestininan Ministry of
Education. There are puppet shows, and a character that looks like Mickey Mouse
and lots of music. But when you translate the songs and the poems the little children
sing from Arabic to English, the veil of innocence is ripped away. For example, a
beautiful litter girl sings "Oh, my sister singing constantly, about my life as a suicide
warrior. And throw it into the abyss of death." Another pre-teen girl chants loudly,
"For me, my life has little value, because I'm returning to my Lord. And my people
will know I'm a hero." "On your life, I forsee my death and I rush towards it," shouts
a little boy. "And he who seeks the death of a suicide warrior, this is it. And how I
suffer the chains of the Jews."

Israel has been taping and distributing excerpts of this kind of television for several
years, complaining that the Palestinian Authority uses television to incite violence.
In America, at least, those complaints have largely fallen on deaf ears. But since
September 11th more people are listening.

"These are beautiful children," said Mark Briskman of the Anti-Defamation
League. "And they're teaching them hatred. They're teaching them to be,
ultimately, suicide bombers. You are condemning a whole next generation to this
kind of hatred and violence."

But Mohamed Elmougy, of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, saw and
heard the tape differently. "What we're seeing is a natural reaction to oppression
and occupation," said Elmougy. "This is not hatred. This is patriotism. There's a
very fine line between hatred (and patriotism). They're not saying, 'Go, kill Jews.'
They're saying, 'We want to defend our country.'" Elmougy argued that the
translation was a bit skewed , that the word for "suicide" was not used. "I'm deeply
concerned about what I'm hearing on both sides. There's a Rabbi (in Israel) that
has used some of the same rhetoric about Palestinians and Arabs in general."

"You might have individuals who have prejudices," countered Mark Briskman. "But
there is no systematic indoctrination of children in Israel to hate Arabs, to talk
about spilling blood to kill Arabs, to talk about a holy war."

It may surprise you to learn, however, that Mark Briskman and Mohamed Elmougy
can watch the same videotape -- see and hear it so very differently -- and yet,
together, the two men continue to work on forging an alliance and more
understanding between local Muslims and Jews.

"As Americans, first and foremost, we have a lot of issues we have in common,"
said Mohamed Elmougy. "We can certainly work on them and still respect some of
our differneces."

Mark Briskman agreed. "Concern for religion in public schools, concern about hate
crimes, job discrimination, religious bigotry -- in those areas we certainly have a
common agenda."

What's going on in the Middle East may seem hopeless, but Elmougy and Briskman
offered a glimmer of hope for Muslims and Jews in the United States.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Reverse Racism
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2002, 06:37:28 AM »
I'm not surprized that the Black Pledge of Allegiance has come into existance. Its a natural outgrowth of concepts like Affirmative Action and Black History Month.

Someone suggested reciting the Black Pledge of Allegiance substituting the word "white" wherever you see the word "black".

I believe most black people would strongly object to that version.

Thats because its racist.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century