Author Topic: Ok, so here's.....  (Read 1125 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Ok, so here's.....
« on: February 21, 2002, 12:18:42 PM »
First off a Big to the new TE, this will help us out a great deal ( and i'm sure you  also) :)

What happened. I send in a map and am told  that feilds cross into other tiles. HUH,? I'm sure they were centered  ( i think to myself)  so i open the map back up and see that a few  fields ( just the base, all the field stuff sit on ) has, what looks like to me, has spun around. So I recenter all the feilds. HTC puts out a new TE that tells you if any feilds or object cut across other tiles, WOOOOOTTTTT!!! I open my map to recheck with this new feature,,, WTF? ALL my field base's have spun completely around EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!! and i have to just take them out one  by one and replace them. Weird.

Anyone else have this Problem?
Also i am only using the default feilds, and alot of the default objects don't center in the tile with default snap on. In fact they are a tile and a half away. Is this just me? I know the city depots don't center by default. Just wondering If i was the only one having these problems.

NUTTZ

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 12:40:17 PM »
As for field rotation, anytime (Old te, new te) that I have tried to place a standard airfield group and rotate it, everytime I re-opened it in the TE the buildings would be as I rotated them, but the 'runway' part of the field would be rotated back to it's standard orientation. So I have always just left the standard airfields 'as is' in that regard.

As for using Snap, I haven't really used it much, but I do see the benefit. I'll check it out on the new terrain I am working on, as I also had many of the crossing gridline errors you are speaking of. I manually corrected them with all of the airfields, however, I couldn't get it corrected with many of the ports and some of the depots, although they are shown to be completely within the grid.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 01:27:21 PM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ
First off a Big to the new TE, this will help us out a great deal ( and i'm sure you  also) :)

The object across grid lines thingy is reporting errors on all standard large runway objects...................... I cannot position them to avoid this report the runways are too long..............

Also the report converts country owned object groups to field owned object groups  hence poorly placed barracks etc in country one get allocated in the report to field 1

Further if you select then goto........make sure you then deselect before  reselecting then moving else you move "erroniously" every object in the report!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great tool but it is not user/fool freindly use with care!!!!

Tilt
Ludere Vincere

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 01:40:48 PM »
Sundog, thats my problem. I AM using the default fields and I'm NOT rotating them, But when i re-open the terrain the feilds "Void" ( the base of the airfield) is rotated and shifted 1/2 mile south, but all the objects are completely where they were placed, Just the airfield void goes completely outta whack, even the entry points don't move. All the objects are centered and the exact spot i placed them, just the base shifts on mostly all the feilds.

Now , lets define the "default" airfields...

whats the difference between a Med airfield 1 and a med airfield -S?

Besides 1 having a map room and VH? I am assuming that these BOTH are default airfields, and custom made ones ( which i never made) are not.

I'm not sure if the new TE had anything to do with it or not, But i AM sure I had these centered, and 3 times re-entering the terrain they moved.

NUTTZ

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2002, 02:35:58 PM »
LOL, You too?

Your 3rd paragraph makes sense, and I think This maybe one cause. I know i have done this and  shut  down the TE without saving it.

But your right , you do need undivided attention while working in the TE.

( wonder how Pyro does it?)

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Tilt

The object across grid lines thingy is reporting errors on all standard large runway objects...................... I cannot position them to avoid this report the runways are too long..............

Also the report converts country owned object groups to field owned object groups  hence poorly placed barracks etc in country one get allocated in the report to field 1

Further if you select then goto........make sure you then deselect before  reselecting then moving else you move "erroniously" every object in the report!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great tool but it is not user/fool freindly use with care!!!!

Tilt

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2002, 03:24:15 PM »
It apears the group rotate has a bug , found and fixed today. The object rotate works fine, but the group rotate will screw things up.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2002, 04:02:05 PM »
But your right , you do need undivided attention while working in the TE.
wonder how Pyro does it?)

he has a monkey to do it:)

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Re: Re: Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2002, 05:13:05 PM »
Just installed the new editor patch.

The object across grid lines thingy is reporting errors on all standard large runway objects...................... I cannot position them to avoid this report the runways are too long..............Tilt

Are you refering to the RUNWAY, RNWY1, LAIRFLD, LARFLD2 shapes or do you mean the actual field groups like AFLrg-S.

I got all my Groups centered without errors.

The key is that your FxRWYxx shape for you main Airfield that you placed should have its X and Z coordinates the same as those of the center of the Grid box.

The only shape (so far) that the editor had a little trouble with is the RUNWAY shape, and that was when I rotated it 90* to go from West to East.
I had to offset the x coordinate by .00014

As for the Rotating the Group I never had any luck with it keeping its position.

Pokie

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2002, 05:38:43 PM »
I know your not Quoting my post, but.... I NEVER rotated ANY fields!!!!! AFLrg-s is a large feild with a VH and a maproom.  AFmed-s is the same only a smaller feild. AFmed1 is a med airfield NO VH, and NO maproom. These all place well and center using the default snap tool. But when i re-enter the map just the "void" object of the field ( which is the airfield base, the object ALL the hangers and runways ,etc,etc, sit on are moved and rotated.

This might have been when i clicked on the error log and tried to move an object and forgot it was still grouped with all the Errored objects. either way it was annoying trying to replace 50 or so airfields 3 different times. And the city depot WILL NOT snap center, it has what looks like to me 2 clear bases,( something like the "void" all the airfields use) that all the city objects rest on, THAT is what has to be centered. Once that is centered , your cdepot looks to be in the far lower left corner of the tile. Probably my guess is to line up the roads, and tracks too.

BTW, All the Airfields with the 1 extention, NEED a maproom, and the clutter planes removed. None of the dblwide airfields even get remotely close to the center of the tile by using default snap, in fact I'm lucky they get placed on the same map!!!!

Ok, raise your hand if you ever deleted any of the default groups by accident:)

NUTTZ

Originally posted by pokie

Are you refering to the RUNWAY, RNWY1, LAIRFLD, LARFLD2 shapes or do you mean the actual field groups like AFLrg-S.

I got all my Groups centered without errors.

The key is that your FxRWYxx shape for you main Airfield that you placed should have its X and Z coordinates the same as those of the center of the Grid box.

The only shape (so far) that the editor had a little trouble with is the RUNWAY shape, and that was when I rotated it 90* to go from West to East.
I had to offset the x coordinate by .00014

As for the Rotating the Group I never had any luck with it keeping its position.

Pokie

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2002, 06:37:36 PM »
Checking the "Snap Box" and setting the "Snap Spacing" to 2640 is not a guarantee that the Groups you place will get centered.

The only way that would ever happen, is if they were properly centered before they were saved as a group.

The snap box being checked with 2640 will place the group in the same postion in the grid box that it was when it was saved.  Thats all.  

If an original Object Group that you placed was 100.5763 ft off center ( when it was saved as a Group ) its gonna be 100.5763 ft off center when you place it.

Ok, raise your hand if you ever deleted any of the default groups by accident.

OH YA BABY, I got both hands up.  :D

That why I made a backup group folder.

Pokie

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2002, 11:15:03 AM »
Originally posted by pokie

The two standard fields I use both have the post fix S that is the AFLrg-S(??) and AF Med-S   I can advise that these are both bigger than 1 grid tile.

Yes I have modified the AF Med-S to include more FH's..... I have not........ cannot make the runway object of these fields larger than they were originally.

either my TE is corrupted or these -S never fitted inside the grids.

can any one make an -S (medium or large) fit?

Tilt

PS I can make my simple bridges fit........ althought the act of very...... very    slowly driving over the apex = suicide.
Ludere Vincere

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2002, 11:51:51 AM »
Get these 3 Airfields and place them in your C:\Program Files\HTC\aheditor\terrains\groups

http://accesswave.ca/~tscott/AH-stuff/AH-Editor&Stuff/ObjectGroups/AFLrg-S.obg

http://accesswave.ca/~tscott/AH-stuff/AH-Editor&Stuff/ObjectGroups/AFMed-S.obg

http://accesswave.ca/~tscott/AH-stuff/AH-Editor&Stuff/ObjectGroups/AFSml-S.obg

All of these Airfields are Centered plus repaired a very small bug with the AFSml-S field.

All these will be dead centered if you place them with the "Snap Box" checked, "Snap Spacing" at 2640 and if the Red Cross is clicked in the Grid Box of where you want to place it.

I'll be posting more as I fix them

Pokie

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2002, 11:53:10 AM »
Yes, these 2 airfields default snap center for me.

NUTTZ

The two standard fields I use both have the post fix S that is the AFLrg-S(??) and AF Med-S   I can advise that these are both bigger than 1 grid tile.

Yes I have modified the AF Med-S to include more FH's..... I have not........ cannot make the runway object of these fields larger than they were originally.

either my TE is corrupted or these -S never fitted inside the grids.

can any one make an -S (medium or large) fit?

Tilt

PS I can make my simple bridges fit........ althought the act of very...... very    slowly driving over the apex = suicide.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2002, 05:25:09 PM »
Yes, these 2 airfields default snap center for me.

NUTTZ

DOH ! yes i have now been correcting the error report by re typing the location in the object property file to the centre snap grid number for the rnwy object.

Tilt
Ludere Vincere

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
Re: Ok, so here's.....
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2002, 06:03:32 PM »
NUTTZ

I like to 2nd Nuttz feelings about the Editor :)

Has a lot of helpful stuff. "You come along way Baby"

The centering field part works good but the only problem is it doesn't like if you rotate the fields.  ( not always )

Example:  Place a SAIRFLD shape in a center of a grid box and then rotate it 45* ( easily done if snap box is check with 2640 )

The runway is no way near the grid lines but the object checker says it touchs. :(  , but thats ok, you know it doesn't.

Pokie