Author Topic: I think we called it K.O.T.H.  (Read 412 times)

Offline BOOT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.org
I think we called it K.O.T.H.
« on: October 29, 2001, 08:02:00 PM »
You guys Really want to find out who's who in Air Combat ???

I suggest we have a K.O.T.H. Tournament in the Dueling Arena...

K.O.T.H.  = King of the hill

Everyone goes up... Last one alive wins that round...  3 rounds won by the same person takes the K.O.T.H. Title for the month...

now if all the AH'rs can get over their homophobia towards AW'rs we can use this little jewel to Truly show who is the best of the best...  It works...  It was developed by a great guy that goes by the cpid of STICK...

AW embraced it...
EA sh*t on it...
CH Products Loved it...

It is ours for the asking gents...
Although the name is Trademarked, we can have it for free if we promise to ALL get along...

Anybody Interested ???

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2001, 08:31:00 PM »
I hope to see all of you new AH'ers tomorrow nite in the Special Events Arena.  The event is going to be similar to the KOTH....with a little twist.

This event will take place in the Special Events Arena every Wednesday at 10 PM Eastern. It will last no more than 1 ½ hours.

The object of this event is to be the last man flying. This event is based on the popular event “KOTH” that was in Air Warrior. Everyone will be flying the same AC so no whining about “uber” aircraft. We will use the "Dueling Terrain" and fields 41, 42, and 43 till we design one specific for this event. The event will end when a pilot has won two rounds or when 1 ½ hours has passed, (which ever comes first). It is possible that the same pilot might win the first two rounds and the event could finish early, but that should be a rare occurrence. At the end of one and one half hours the logs will be closed if no one won two rounds and who ever has the best kills to death ratio will earn bragging rights and the choice of next weeks AC in Wild Wednesday. The only stipulation is the same AC can't be picked two weeks in a row and it must be a fighter, no buffs allowed. Results will be posted in the Special Events General BB that night or the next day.

Rules:
· You must bail the moment you are out of ammo.
· You must bail the moment you are out of fuel.
· Rearms or refuels are not allowed.
· Each round you only have “one life”.
· Fields will be closed 5 minutes after the round starts.
· Kill shooter will be turned off 5 minutes after the round starts.
· CM’s will announce fields close and kill shooter off.
· CM’s will confirm the last plane up using the CM eye.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2001, 08:47:00 PM »
I can save ya the time.

Drex wins.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2001, 09:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by BOOT:
now if all the AH'rs can get over their homophobia towards AW'rs we can use this little jewel to Truly show who is the best of the best...

And if the AW'rs started looking around at what is being done by the AH'rs then Exile wouldn't have had to explain that this has already been done...  The events web page advert is right above the BBS page for goodness sakes...  :rolleyes:

Seriously, ease up on the AH scenario bashing.  The scenarios guys here are doing a difficult enough job without everybody trying to tell them they could do it better.  They are also very willing to take on new ideas (as shown by them adopting the KOTH style scenario already).

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2001, 09:57:00 PM »
I haven't seen any SCENARIO bashing since Exile's post. (`course, maybe I ain't lookin' in the right places  :))

I didn't see all that much of it before the post. (`course, again, maybe I wasn't lookin' in the right places  :D)

Originally posted by Blue Mako:

And if the AW'rs started looking around at what is being done by the AH'rs then Exile wouldn't have had to explain that this has already been done...  The events web page advert is right above the BBS page for goodness sakes...   :rolleyes:

Seriously, ease up on the AH scenario bashing.  The scenarios guys here are doing a difficult enough job without everybody trying to tell them they could do it better.  They are also very willing to take on new ideas (as shown by them adopting the KOTH style scenario already).

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2001, 10:24:00 PM »
I wouldn't put my money on Drex....Or Cit...any anyone in particular.

When you can SEE who's who, it adds a whole new dimension.

In other words, the "hot sticks" tend to be the most hunted (wouldn't YOU like to be the guy who wastes Drex?????).

J_A_B

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2001, 10:51:00 PM »
Sounds like great fun, too bad I'll be at work...

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2001, 11:49:00 PM »
J_A_B:
-------------------------------------
I wouldn't put my money on Drex....Or Cit...any anyone in particular.

When you can SEE who's who, it adds a whole new dimension.

In other words, the "hot sticks" tend to be the most hunted (wouldn't YOU like to be the guy who wastes Drex?????).
-------------------------------------------

sling322:
------------------------------------------
We will use the "Dueling Terrain" and fields 41, 42, and 43 till we design one specific for this event.
------------------------------------------

Just a quick question....

Since 41, 42, and 43 are fields for three different countries, we wouldn't necessarily be able to see who's who.

Or are all three fields going to be set to same country for the event?

anRky
<who remembers Drex showing up at a fightertown night we had in the DA, and thinks that the whole arena vs. Drex just *might* be a fair fight>

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2001, 12:49:00 AM »
Just a little tip cuz I'm such a nice guy and all... Make sure you get on the runway *after* the FDB have launched.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2001, 02:21:00 AM »
Yes all of the bases will be changed to the same country for the duration of the event.

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: sling322 ]

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2001, 07:58:00 AM »
sling322:
------------------------------------
Yes all of the bases will be changed to the same country for the duration of the event.
-------------------------------------

Cool  :)

anRky

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2001, 08:40:00 AM »
lol Nash. Sound advice  ;))

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »
Will icons be limited to plane only or will we be able to see who it is?  :)
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2001, 09:51:00 AM »
LOL moose, good question, I can see Cit-fester-bria getting 30 cons on him at the get go.