Author Topic: a quick surgestion  (Read 194 times)

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
a quick surgestion
« on: February 23, 2002, 09:22:03 PM »
get rid of the 37mm AI radar guided ack site please! it seems when i ever i go on an ack run, i always get hit by the damn 37mm

so again plz get rid of 37mm ack sites until ack is fixed

ok,i'm done

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
a quick surgestion
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2002, 12:54:15 PM »
Absolutely!!! It is HARDLY fair that a plane EVER be shot down by ack. Everyone knows that never happened in real life...  :rolleyes:  ;)  :p  :D

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
you seem to have missed my freaking point!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2002, 01:29:29 PM »
i'm not saying get rid of ack, just the 37mm one ping and your dead untill AI ack is fixed, you go into a 37mm player controlled ack field gun and try to hit a fast flying and moving about plane that isn't going straight towards you, and you'll see how hard it is to hit some1 with it

read the whole damn post before you reply

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: you seem to have missed my freaking point!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2002, 09:35:53 PM »
Originally posted by BenDover
i'm not saying get rid of ack, just the 37mm one ping and your dead untill AI ack is fixed, you go into a 37mm player controlled ack field gun and try to hit a fast flying and moving about plane that isn't going straight towards you, and you'll see how hard it is to hit some1 with it

read the whole damn post before you reply

I read the post, drivel that it is. It was a whine simple and sour. You should thnk a bit that WW2 planes weren't expected to absorb 37m and flit away unharmed.

There have been many other posts regarding the ack, you shgould at least try and join those posts instead of dredging up the same topic on a new thread.

Personally I think the ack is too damn weak in this game. There needs to be FAR more 88mm acks and it should be made more deadly not less so. Any thim you can deack a field solo in a fighter it is toned down too far.

BTW I was hoping to add humor to your rather whiney post. Obviously you didn't read all of MY post before you responded. :rolleyes:  :p  :mad:  :cool:  :D

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
a quick surgestion
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2002, 11:29:27 PM »
well mav, you can deack it on your own because it wont hit a 200mph turning plane unless that plane flies RIGHT over an ack gun.

The 37mm refire rate low.. there are QUAD 20mm's there as well.

IMO, there should just be a LOT of single 50 cal and quad 303's AI acks. More guns means more things a single fighter has to shoot out, means more guns shooting at different targets with a very increased rate of fire.

In short, it could be like fleet ack..only with a higher refire rate.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
a quick surgestion
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2002, 12:15:17 PM »
thanks tac, thats what i'm trying to say, get rid of the high cal guns and replace them with more lower cal guns, cos its a lot more fun getting pinged 3 or 4 times before you die than once.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
a quick surgestion
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2002, 12:23:59 PM »
i think ack is fine the way it is whether by accident or design.

Go in fast risk ack death go in slow risk gettin killed by friendlies.

To be able to go in fast would stop folks from killing the ack in the 1st place. You would just vulch through the ack over.
Or high speed 1 ack at a time till its dead.

The ack has been this way for a long time everyone knows the "rules". I dont see the need to get pissed when it kills you.

I agree ack is to easy in general but I like how it is for game play.

realism has no place here.........

Heres a clue to avoid gettin killed by ack............

Stay out of it

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
a quick surgestion
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2002, 12:31:32 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
The ack has been this way for a long time everyone knows the "rules". I dont see the need to get pissed when it kills you.

In place of ack  Please note that
nik
buff guns
fleet ack
spitfire
La7
Osti

Can all be substituted at will +)

SKurj