Author Topic: Selfmade Cells  (Read 521 times)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Selfmade Cells
« on: February 25, 2002, 06:18:42 AM »
Hello!

I'm a new Terrain Editor user from Finland and I have couple of questions to you!

I am making map from Finland and Russian (Terrain and bitmap is ready without elevations and objects). In TE is only few Cells: Forest, Grass, Water etc. I have seen in other terrains very good selfmade (?) Cells, for example in Mindnao and Norway -terrains (nice looking fields, mountain areas etc.).

From where I can find those selfmade Cells (is there any Terrain makers netsites, where they are)?How can I make these Cells myself? Are they bitmaps? In Finland are very many little lakes, and I want to make couple of Cells, where is between Forest a little lake.

If you have good links, please, tell it to me!

Best Wishes
Ismo Homanen
Joensuu, Finland
"kanttori" in AH
E-mail: ismo@kesalesket.net
:confused:
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Re: Selfmade Cells
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2002, 07:58:45 AM »
Hello kanttori

Originally posted by kanttori
In TE is only few Cells: Forest, Grass, Water etc. I have seen in other terrains very good selfmade (?) Cells, for example in Mindnao and Norway -terrains (nice looking fields, mountain areas etc.).
From where I can find those selfmade Cells (is there any Terrain makers netsites, where they are)?How can I make these Cells myself? Are they bitmaps?

The original texture tiles are located in the textures folder
C:\Program Files\HTC\aheditor\terrains\textures
They are numbered terr0000.bmp to terr0020.bmp

The new textures created are placed into the folder of the terrain map you are making.  Any terr****.bmp placed into your terrain map folder will override the original one with the same name.

I'm not the person to ask about textures.  

Nuttz is your man and he has lots of texture tiles.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39684

P.S  There are other people who make texture tiles to, just do a search in this form.

Pokie