Author Topic: Aces High Film Resource Center  (Read 201 times)

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
Aces High Film Resource Center
« on: March 02, 2002, 04:57:32 PM »
As many of you know, I am in the process of designing a Training/Resource center for Aces High.  This is unlike most other ACM websites in that this site is going to be the warehouse of the largest collection of AH film out there.  Most of the film there at the moment is from me, with my commentary.  I'd like to encourage all of you to stop by the slow-coming site and download some films and maybe learn a few things :)

The success of this site is going to depend on all of you.  I can continue to post my training films there, but it would be nice to have film submitted by AH patrons such as yourselves.  However, I am relatively particular about the type of film I need.  I want film that illustrates specific ACM maneuvers, flat scissors, rolling scissors, blah blah blah.  I prefer not to receive a bunch of film of random sorties ... or a 1.2MB film with 10 seconds of quality training material :)  Additionally, it would be a tremendous help if when you send me the film, you could send small commentaries similar to the ones I have done on the site.  It takes forever to go through lots of film and its rather difficult for me to commentate on someone elses fight :)

I welcome constructive criticisms and suggestions insofar as the development of the site goes, lord knows it needs some lovin' right now.  I had a good selection of film and wanted to start making it available to you all as soon as possible.

Ok, enough rambling.  Here ya go, enjoy!  At the moment, the drop down menu of energy/angles fight is where the film is located.  You will then select a plane.  The 109G6, La5, F4-4, 190A5, P47D11, P51B/D and F6F have some of the better films at the moment.  

Virtual Training Academy

S!
Nim
« Last Edit: March 02, 2002, 04:59:43 PM by aknimitz »

Offline EvilDingo

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mp3.com/einsteinband
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2002, 06:22:15 PM »
Excellent resource. I like how the films are laid out by plane type. Isn't 1.09 suppose to include a much better film view/editor? I wonder if these older films will be compatible with the new editor.

Great job!

Dingo

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2002, 06:29:20 PM »
I dunno if they will be compatible, but worse case scenario I hope would be that I could create AVI's out of old films.

Nim