Author Topic: The economy of AH, i just dont get it  (Read 293 times)

Offline Hardleft

• Zinc Member
The economy of AH, i just dont get it
« on: March 03, 2002, 10:41:43 AM »
Ok heres kind of a involved question, im the type of person who if im going to do something i really want to know exactly how it works and everything about it. Its probably a bad thing but its the way i am i suppose.

I have seen the AC help on the site and i fully dont understand the train symbols the Ammunition symbols the gun symbols in the MA.  Last night i practiced off line for a bit, i decided to do a mock up strike mission.  On the map i was attacking the symbol with the two soliders standing next to each other.  I assumed it was barracks or supply of barracks but when i got over the target it was actually a little city not just a barracks it had emplacment guns a small bridge and about 20 or so large and small buildings.
I guess my question is, what was i attacking? Is there a specific target i am looking for in that town that will slow down enemy production? or is it the entire town? and if i did hit the targets that needed to be destroyed how would that effect the enemy?
And i seen on the AH help part that it would take so many Lbs of bombs to destroy a certain type of building.  Is this do able with rockets or are the AA guns the only thing i could take out with rockets?

I hope i didnt lose anyone...

thanks for any help
« Last Edit: March 03, 2002, 10:44:00 AM by Hardleft »

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2002, 10:45:33 AM »
click the "Legend" tab on your clipboard. it will bring up a list and tell you exactly what all those little symbols are on the map.

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2002, 05:58:19 PM »
Doh, Misread post.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2002, 03:08:50 AM by snafu »

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2002, 04:13:58 AM »
Hardleft, the symbols on the map represent a scenes.

i.e. the two soldiers represent the enemy "troop training ground" (if u hit legend button, you will read how it is exactly named).

And a scene does not consist of only one building, it always includes lots of buildings. The training ground i.e. consist of lot of small buildings with a few larger ones and gun emplacements to defend it.