Author Topic: N1K -problem  (Read 685 times)

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
N1K -problem
« on: February 28, 2002, 03:32:58 PM »
1. What should we do about this huge problem we have?Personally I think N1K should remove totally.   Or at least it must be perked. They really pisses me of lately.. In the other hand, it is allways so nice to kill Nik (if it dies)

2. Exiting to see how many posts this thread gives us...:D
I am a spy!

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2002, 03:49:52 PM »
Do you cast overhand, or sidearm? :)

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2002, 03:51:55 PM »
Better use at least 20lb test line, there are some lunkers in here.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2002, 03:56:03 PM »
Rude?
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2002, 04:00:43 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Do you cast overhand, or sidearm? :)

-Sikboy

hehe

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2002, 04:01:49 PM »
Better results if he didn't use stinkbait...;)

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
N1K -problem
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2002, 04:20:32 PM »
Never really had a problem fighting N1Ks. If I keep getting bounced by them while flying my favorite American rides, I switch to the A6M and punish the weak :)

For some reason, most N1Ks will try to turn fight an A6M at low altitudes and get their butts kicked.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2002, 04:26:48 PM »
With all due respect, and I do mean that, this is exactly the same type of post we used to see about the F4u C model with its cannons.

Everyone demanded that it be perked, which would solve the problem completely, and all would be well in Aces High Land again. Others indicated that by perking the F4u1c the problem would shift to the N1k, and then on to the next plane etc etc.

Well, it now appears that the "others" were on the right track after all. In addition to the N1k, there are cries to perk the La7, another cannon plane with speed.

The real problem is that AH has a bunch of late war planes. Without a rolling plane set representing various stages of the war, and I'm not recommending that at all, you'll always have a late war plane meeting an earlier somewhat outdated model.

So how do we solve this problem of missmatched planes without introducing a rolling plane set like that in the CT arena?

1.Hitech can perk most of the planes arranged by their attributes.

2.Perk the most notorious like we have now with the Me 262 down to the F4u1c.

3.Or let it be a free for all like it used to be before the perk system. (You want to hear some complaints, and see Me 262's all over hehehe)

Consider the negatives of adding many more planes to the perk list, such as customer complaints by those with little time to fly and accumulate perk points (remember, accumulating a lot of perk points does not indicate you're the better pilot...many average pilots with tons of flying time will be higher on the perk point list than other excellent pilots with only a limited time to fly), or those who loudly proclaim that they pay the same as the next guy and should be able to fly what they want.

After an analysis of the problem it appears that what Hitech has done is, well, just about right.

The only change I would really like to see is, no points for perks or score unless you land or ditch in friendly territory. That will change things for the good. No more INTENTIONAL ramming, no more INTENTIONAL suicide dive bombing unless you really want to be a Kamikaze with no points. If you can't live to get home or ditch in friendly territory, you shouldn't be earning any points for that mission. Things might just get a bit more realistic around Aces High Land.

Ranger Bob
« Last Edit: February 28, 2002, 04:30:47 PM by RangerBob »

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2002, 04:33:33 PM »
Originally posted by RangerBob
The only change I would really like to see is, no points for perks or score unless you land or ditch in friendly territory. That will change things for the good. No more INTENTIONAL ramming, no more INTENTIONAL suicide dive bombing unless you really want to be a Kamikaze with no points. If you can't live to get home or ditch in friendly territory, you shouldn't be earning any points for that mission. Things might just get a bit more realistic around Aces High Land.

Ranger Bob

Finally a good idea! I agree!!
I am a spy!

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2002, 04:56:14 PM »
I'm newb, so please forgive...

What if the perk cost of planes changed as a tour progressed?

The way this would work is the later the plane entered front line service the higher its initial perk value would be.  Early in the tour the late war planes would have very high perk values thus encouraging, but not mandating, the use of early war planes early in the tour.  Towards the end of the tour the late war planes will have been reduced in cost to the point where even a ham-fisted cross-eyed newb such as myself might be able to fly a 262 for a couple days?

Pardon me, I prolly should go put on my flame retardent suit now. ;)

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2002, 05:02:46 PM »
Actually, perking the CHOG fixed the problem immediately even though it's perked so cheap that anyone could take it up.

I can understand where the n1k hate is coming from. It's happened to me numerous times to see a higher n1k coming, diving after me and catching me in my P51D even though I'm at that point wepping and diving away as fast as the plane goes.

I've found out that the only sane move in P51 is to immediately dive max dive away if you see a lonely n1k even a bit higher. The sucker will initially outdive you (initially = for long untill speed goes over 500mph) and outmanouver you if he manages to catch you.

They're not usually a problem alone, but combined to a fast friend, it's almost unbeatable since the fast friend will not let you extend after the initial high-speed breakturn which the n1k probably can't follow.

The ability to take the fastest US B&Z plane together with N1ks and a6ms makes totally unrealistic battles, one of the things I've always hated in main arena.

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2002, 05:08:35 PM »
We are doing just fine with Niks MrRipLey :D

Your stats vs niks:

11 Kills of N1K2
3 Deaths by N1K2

And mine::rolleyes:

17 Kills of N1K2
12 Deaths by N1K2

But I hate niks anyway..

:D
I am a spy!

Offline AKEagle+

• Copper Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2002, 05:33:28 PM »
Sigh, perk this perk that.

Ya, perk the NIK, then people will whine because of the increase in Spit 9s.

Well perk the Spit 9s and people will switch to the Spit Vs.

Wel perk the Spit Vs stupid easy fix!

Then people will find out how to fly the A6M, and the F6U, and watch the whining, because well flown they are freakin awesome.

Now lets get that ^(#$2@  LA7 perked to the roof, and watch the Ponys and Doras pop up everywhere.

Perk the Ponys and Doras, and now maybe the F4UD will have a chance.  

Darn D -Hogs perk'em hight!!!

Soon we will be down to 202s, 109s and 190s exclusively, the whining will stop, and all will be quiet in AH land...

Because most players will have left...

Perk'em all and sell perk points...

AKEagle+

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
N1K -problem
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2002, 05:42:44 PM »
Hey AKEagle, what you described sounds like a reversed RPS.

Maybe that's the final answer to the problem ;)

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
N1K -problem
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2002, 05:58:26 PM »
Hehe.. Niki's are full of yummmmmmy goodnessss.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu