Author Topic: NATO declares Article 5  (Read 362 times)

Offline JV44

• Copper Member
NATO declares Article 5
« on: September 12, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »
Before 20 min. Nato declares the attack on US is a attack against NATO...

This means all Nato member count the attack to US as a attack to own country...

This also means that after 50 years of peace europe is at war again...

And believe, for me as german I thanks god that today my country is fight for the good and right site...

Maybe we can give America something back of all the good and friendship they give us the last 50 YEARS.

God bless America, your blood is our blood, we are proud to be your friends

JV 44 (Andreas)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
NATO declares Article 5
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2001, 02:59:00 PM »
I noticed that NATO declaration as well, the media hasn't a clue yet as to what that means.(Or, I should say, they have not focused as much on it).  A world war 3, which is the world against these bastards that hide behind suicide bombs and use innocent lives to accomplish their goals. Its about time, I guess a few lives here and there holding relatively low body counts thru-out the US and the world didn't get them focused much in the past   :mad: ..20,000 lives gets their(the politicians) attention very fast.

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
NATO declares Article 5
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
This can happen to any country anywhere...
It unfortunately happened in the United States on US soil. I applaud the NATO countries! Good News to know that others in the world will take a stand against this type of Terrorism.

Thunder

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Thunder ]
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

highflyer

NATO declares Article 5
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2001, 03:32:00 PM »
This is the begginning of dark times  :(

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
NATO declares Article 5
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
highflyer... "dark times" are allowing terrorist groups to grow and gain access to things like biological or nuclear weapons.   Wiping out the couple of thousand hardcore terrorists that now exist is hardly "dark times".

We were "lucky".... They woke us up and it only cost a few thousand lives.   far worse things were on the horizon.  

In all seriousness... I don't really feel too lucky right now but I do feel a sense of hope and relief...  so you can go take a flying (highflying) f...
lazs

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
NATO declares Article 5
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2001, 12:33:00 AM »
Article 5 Only states that NATO countries will take an engagement if one of it's member is under attack(this, I believe, just happened). Each member has control over what kind of involvment it takes.

I sincerely hope that my f***ing government is going with this all the way, Measures haven't been chosen yet. They better do, or they will end up with a lot of unhappy countrymen.

Saw
(Brussels)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
NATO declares Article 5
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2001, 08:01:00 AM »
Just for the facts, let me state that Europe is NOT at war. First, it has to be proven that the attack came from outside the US. Second, it takes a nation to declare war to. So for now, no one is officialy at war. No matter how much every country wants to pull the trigger on these barbarians. I'm not saying Europe is not at war, I'm saying Europe is not officialy at war. If you know what I mean   ;)

Offline Spooky67

• Zinc Member
      • http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alain.mattia/
NATO declares Article 5
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2001, 08:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw:

I sincerely hope that my f***ing government is going with this all the way, Measures haven't been chosen yet. They better do, or they will end up with a lot of unhappy countrymen.

Saw
(Brussels)

My thoughts exactly...According to our president and prime minister France is supporting the US and will help...I sincerely hope this means ACTS not WORDS...
I remember when in 1986 they denied clearance to the F111s going to Tripoli and made them risk their lives over the ocean instead...this was an insult to the memory of thousands of GIs still resting on our home soil...(call me old fashioned but this means a lot to me and I'm 34...)
I was mad then...I would go apeshit this time !

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
NATO declares Article 5
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2001, 09:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw:

I subscribe each and every word...well, maybe not the asterisks one   ;)

And, Keez, let me tell you that we will have to change a lot of things to face this war properly. The first one, you will not have and easy target when looking for a nation to declare war to. But that does not prevent from the fact that you, like me, are targets. And I would want to be able to declare war against my agressors.

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline buhdman

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~wjbarrow
NATO declares Article 5
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2001, 05:18:00 PM »
Andreas,

Felin danke! (pardon my bad German)

We are all in this together whether we like it or not.  We can either view it as a dark time or we can view it as the time that the goodness of the human spirit began to shine through the darkness of violence and hatred. I prefer the later, myself.  I refuse to let the death of all those innocent people result in hatred and violence.  Rather, I want to see their sacrifice bring the world together for the cause of goodness.

Think about it ... this could be a time of great awakening in the human consciousness! And what better tribute to their lives could their be?

Thanks, again!

Walt (Buhdman) Barrow

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: buhdman ]

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
NATO declares Article 5
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2001, 05:25:00 PM »
<S> andreas!  God bless all ye gentlemen in Europe  :)

oct out!
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]