Author Topic: Why are scenarios only an occasional ...  (Read 361 times)

Offline jaus

• Zinc Member
Why are scenarios only an occasional ...
« on: March 05, 2002, 12:38:14 PM »
event?   Is it the shear volume of work?  lack of volunteer designers?   a server limitation of some kind?

I would like to see scenarios run with one life only for the entire event.  Reserve pilots would then have two roles to play:  1 - temporary replacements for  no shows on the day of the frame.
2- pre-arranged permanent replacements for dead pilots.

Besides, it increases the 'pucker factor'

:) :) :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Why are scenarios only an occasional ...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2002, 12:55:20 PM »
Tour of Duty runs every friday night for 3 in a row, then a week off, then back to 3 in a row.  They involve roughly 200 aircraft.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Re: Why are scenarios only an occasional ...
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2002, 01:14:45 PM »
Originally posted by jaus
Is it the shear volume of work?

That us part of it.  There is a ton of work behind the scenes and usually a new terrain needs to be built.

lack of volunteer designers?

Not necessarily aa lack of them, we are a fairly small team, but I "think" we are doing good work.

a server limitation of some kind?

We are limited to the number of folks in the Special Events Arena at this time.  260 max.

I would like to see scenarios run with one life only for the entire event.  Reserve pilots would then have two roles to play:  1 - temporary replacements for  no shows on the day of the frame.

2- pre-arranged permanent replacements for dead pilots.

Good idea.  That one has been submitted and is going through the thinking process.

Besides, it increases the 'pucker factor'

=====

As Rip stated above TOD's are a good alternative for you.  They are run in 3 frames every Friday night.

See here for details.

http://events.hitechcreations.com/