Author Topic: Are the Numbers Correct???  (Read 508 times)

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Are the Numbers Correct???
« on: March 05, 2002, 09:31:56 PM »
all

I have really been enjoying the CT but....

The CT seems to be like a foreign country....they do the same over there as we do here :confused:

If you are confused by that comment then compare the MA to the CT lately...

I'm tired of getting gangbanged there...used to be a time when people would switch countries so that the sides were even :)

It's a shame the CT seems to be losing it's little slice of heaven ;)

So there...I said it...Allies, does it feel good gangbanging so that you can take bases...not that it's enough that you have a CV :confused:

Go figure...the CT's only been busy for less than 6 months and it's already going to hell :(

Just my opinion :D  take it as you want it...but I won't continue to fly against 2+ to 1 odds.

Venting complete ;)

Respectively,
Drunky
Senior Drinking Officer, CT Arena
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2002, 10:08:00 PM »
Your mileage may vary, Drunky.............but I've seen the honorable esteemed LW pilots doing the same thing, over and over and over...........
Engage one and 5 more jump in on ya.....;)
It happens from both sides, funny thing is how a person's perspective on "ganging" changes.  One minute you're up with 3 buddies fighting 1 or 2 or 3 baddies, and that's alright, "they shouldn't tried to fight all of us."
Next sortie, you start off fighting one bad guy, look back and there are 5 of them on yer ass......it ain't so funny anymore, "Gangbanging bastages!" you shout as your plane plummets earthward................
I haven't flown much in the CT the last two terrains 'cause: a)I severely dislike the Channel one; and b)the Sicily is nice, but I can't see the cons til they are "right THERE" inside 1.0K.  Something about the colors in there I guess, I just can't get into planes disappearing into the terrain when I know they should be visible.......

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2002, 10:50:01 PM »
Reduce switch time to 10 minutes?

CT rules. MA cant even compare.

WTG CT team!

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2002, 07:58:15 AM »
Tuesdays and Thursday night is VF-27s squad nights. We are going to fly Allied. Any other time I don't have a problem switching. Sunday was a gangbang for the LW around A12, for an hour. No biggie it was my idea to keep upping and keep getting clobbered.   It would be nice to see more of the Jagdgeschwaders convince their members to hold squad nights in the CT. Nice hell, it would be awesome.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Cure is worse than the problem
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2002, 07:59:08 AM »
Please do not limit my switch time or I won't switch to even the sides.  I normally like to switch to even things out, but if I can't switch back when the numbers get more even, I'll just stay in my Jug.

If you feel you must limit switch time, make it as short a time as possible please.  There are far more folks willing to switch for a bit to even the odds then there are those that would switch twice to cheat.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2002, 08:28:14 AM »
what needs to happen is for the 3rd (4th, 5th, 6th :)) to the party to back off and ask his buddy if he needs help b4 blowing in and disrupting a good 1 on 1.

let the first two fight it out then jump in and kill the victor if he's the wrong color :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2002, 11:14:59 AM »
While I don't fly CT as often as I'd like, when I did before this tour I would just fly whatever side was outnumbered. Just seemed to make sense. I think there are a lot of guys like that. But this tour however, I need to get as much P-38 stick time as I can. I'm flying this crate in the Scenario, and I didn't know jack about it until this week. So whenever I go to CT it's more for Scenario familiarization, and a good flight is one where I learn something about the map, setup, or plane. I try not to blatently gangbang, but being fair isn't really high on my priority list. I think that after the scenario, or whenever they change the map things will get back to normal. I don't know what to tell you in the meantime.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2002, 11:23:52 AM »
I care about uneven sides but I dont care to switch to Axis.  My own personal reasons.  I go where the P-47s are and that is where I stay.  Also IMO the majority of of better sticks fly Axis which is why they hold their own fairly consistant with skewed numbers.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2002, 02:47:33 PM »
I appreciate the comments on the side-switch timer.  That aspect of the arena set up has been dictated to us, however.  The reasons are to limit the affect of people switching sides to do reccon, and to mess with the other side's fleets for the purpose of gaining a strategic or tactical advantage.  In short, we've been asked not to experiment with the side-switch time.  It's set to 30 minutes I believe.  This is long enough to discourage switching sides for nefarious reasons, but is not so long as to completely discourage switching sides for side balancing.

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."