Author Topic: Rudder Peddle Brakes  (Read 843 times)

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« on: March 06, 2002, 03:03:32 AM »
How do you get these to work?

Thanks in advance.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 03:56:32 AM »
What hardware do you have?

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Re: Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 04:30:59 AM »
Originally posted by Mino
How do you get these to work?

Thanks in advance.

The only pedals I know of that have toe-brake support are are both the analog and USB versions of the CH Pro Pedals.  Only problem is that the analog version of the Pro Pedals will require another active game port in order to use the two additional axis needed for toe brakes.  Yet another problem with the analog version in regards to toe brakes is that even if you do have a seperate active game port, you will be unable to calibrate the toe brake axis in Windows because of a lack of a button to set calibration.  You could jerry rig a button on the analog Pro Pedals so you can calibrate them but you have to know what you are doing.  The other option are the USB Pro Pedals and configuring those axis should be a snap and without any of the problems associated with the analog Pro Pedals in respect to toe brakes.

Ack-Ack
479th FG - Riddle's Raiders

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2002, 03:18:57 PM »
I have CHProducts USB Pro Peddles

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2002, 03:49:57 PM »
I've got mine set up as the x & y axis' and the rudder action as a Z axis.  I'm using the CH Controller software.  Donno if you can do it without that.

Then in AH setup just map the appropriate controls to those axis' on the pedals.

D

Offline Mogi

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2002, 05:02:42 PM »
I've got mine setup without the Controller software, just AH setup, and they work fine.:)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2002, 05:38:22 PM »
I usem Mino
Ch Pro peds USB

I just map the X and Y axis of the pedals to the brakes in the joystick selection screen.

SKurj

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2002, 06:54:58 PM »
Thanks for all the help but...

Sigh, I am totally brain dead on this one.

If I map the brake peddls to x and y axis, which is what I have mapped for my joystick, then the brake trace line moves with the joystick.   Nothing moves when I use the brake peddles...

Thanks again.

Offline Mogi

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2002, 07:03:57 PM »
Under the joystick setup screen, select in the left window "rudder", middle window "CH pro pedals" and in the right window "z axis", apply.  Repeat this for left brake using the x axis and right brake for the y axis.  This is how I have mine set up, post again if this doesn't help.:)

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2002, 11:19:03 AM »
SUCCESS!

Until today the AH Joystick Config never displayed the 3 devices, it only displayed "CH Control Manager" or some such.

I downloaded v123 Control Manager yesterday and Heavens to Mergatroid  I now get all 3 controler lines in the Joystick Config screen.

To all thanks again!

Offline CheeseHead

• Zinc Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2002, 07:37:36 PM »
I used the template that FunkedUp gave me to program all my CH gear, and he had the toe brakes setup. I found this VERY frustrating, you have to press each brake with exactly the same pressure when you're landing or else you'll spin out. I have since removed that mapping and keyed my wheel brakes to the space bar, where both brakes apply evenly at the same time. It sure is nice to actually LAND the plane instead of crashing somewhere on the runway!

CheezHed {Shillelagh}

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2002, 12:15:04 AM »
Heh Cheez I can understand what you are saying...

BUT!!  I find the pedals help when landing hogs as they like to spin.   And I use the brakes alot when taxiing to and from rearm

I'd like to usem for the tracks on the armored vehicles too...

SKurj

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2002, 01:35:18 AM »
Originally posted by CheeseHead
I used the template that FunkedUp gave me to program all my CH gear, and he had the toe brakes setup. I found this VERY frustrating, you have to press each brake with exactly the same pressure when you're landing or else you'll spin out. I have since removed that mapping and keyed my wheel brakes to the space bar, where both brakes apply evenly at the same time. It sure is nice to actually LAND the plane instead of crashing somewhere on the runway!

CheezHed {Shillelagh}

Have you tried it with the 1.09 update?  It seems that toe brakes were either FULL ON or FULL OFF before 1.09.  I had come to the same conclusion and done the same thing. :)  But now they're actually progressive, so you can ease into them.  

The prob before was that if you hit one a microsecond before the other, it went to full lock before the other one did.  Shazam!  Groundloop most of the time. :)

I LOVE 'em now.  It's WAY easier to get yourself stopped during a hot landing.  Nice to save those engine out perk plane disasters. :)

D

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2002, 09:23:38 AM »
Hmm i never had the on/off problem...

I don't use control manager, that maybe the difference.. they've always been progressive for me.

SKurj

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
Rudder Peddle Brakes
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2002, 01:04:03 PM »
From the 1.09 readme:

Wheel brakes now ramp up in effect as you apply them.

D