Author Topic: Point & click killer.  (Read 148 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Point & click killer.
« on: March 06, 2002, 11:07:06 AM »
Ki-61.

Decided to give it a go a little this tour. Sheesh! I'm surprised it's not on everyones dweeb list.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Point & click killer.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 11:09:32 AM »

Shhhhhh......don't give our little secret away. Let people keep thinking it's a poor performer.

:)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Point & click killer.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 11:13:01 AM »
oops.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Point & click killer.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2002, 11:37:13 AM »
It is a sweet ride... though its not the best gun platform out there.  I find it easier to land hits with the 30mm in the G6.

Overall performance-wise... I liken it to the F6F in many ways.  It climbs better, but the F6F dives better.  Other than that, the two are very evenly matched.

AKDejaVu

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Point & click killer.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2002, 02:30:19 PM »
Originally posted by Apache
Ki-61.

Decided to give it a go a little this tour. Sheesh! I'm surprised it's not on everyones dweeb list.

I flew it last tour quite a bit. Killer gun package, decent BnZ as well as the ability to hang with the Niki everywhere but in extended climbs. Excellent range. Overall, one of my favorites.
My K/D ratio was about 3:1 with the Tony, and that reflects my willingness to turnfight Spitfires with it...... Lost two to ack this tour. :mad: Those two 20mm guns on the cowling make it a great choice for de-acking fields. However, the loss rate is always high.

This tour, I'm trying the C-hog and the 190s. So far, 10:1 in the Chog, and less than 2:1 in 190A5. I'm beginning to get a handle on the 190, so I expect to see an improvement in the K/D. Also flying the N1K2 some this tour, my choice for vulching. I managed two double kills last night, or 4 kills in two passes. That was a hoot. Even managed to nurse the C-hog up to 31,000 ft, intercepting a Lanc at 28k. When was the last time anyone saw a C-hog up that high?;)

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Point & click killer.
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2002, 02:32:40 PM »
f6f climbs much better than ki-61. i agree the two are a good match but i would give a clear nod to the f6f with the ki slightly behind.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Point & click killer.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2002, 04:31:00 PM »
So, that's how the infamous Ho-5 works ?

Ki 84 might be a dweeb ride afterall. We won't know until we get it tho, do we ?