Author Topic: Unglamorous, but neccessary  (Read 314 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Unglamorous, but neccessary
« on: March 06, 2002, 11:36:55 AM »
Once 1.09 is out the door, I think HTC will be focusing on smaller development cycles for awhile. I applaud them for that, as we need more planes to open up opportunities for Special Events and for the CT.

While I know that everyone likes the fast, sexy rides like the Spitfire, P-51, 190D-9, etc.... I would personally like to see some attention on the more "unglamorous" planes. While these planes would have very limited use in the MA, their introduction would open up many more possibilities for the CT and the Special Events.

I'm talking about Dive bombers, Torpedo bombers and level bombers.

Needed for Pacific theater: SBD, Helldiver, Val, Judy, Kate, Jill, B-25C, B-25H.

Needed for BoB: Stuka, HE111, Blenheim

Needed for Eastern Front: Stuka, TU-2, PE-2

To get these planes into action in AH, it would take the better part of three releases. But IMO, their time has come. These planes are needed if we're going to be able to expand our horizons when it comes to the TOD's and Scenarios. I'm sure the CT guys would also agree with me.

If we don't get these planes, we'll have to keep on using substitutions like the TBM for the Kate, which just makes me shudder. No matter how much I use my imagination, there's no way I can look at a TBM and think of it as a Kate.

Pyro always told me that when someone asks for something from them, they better have a logical argument. Hopefully my arguments above are logical enough to get them to start producing these planes.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 12:26:07 PM »
I fully agree.

I wonder if there are facets to these planes which might help them out in the MA?; some advantage their dedicated role would give them?

What sighting systems did they employ for dive bombing, and is that an avenue to pursue? Dive brakes? The Stukas glass floor?

It's true that the Stuka would be vulnerable in hostile air, but it's accuracy should some how be represented.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 01:32:26 PM »
Beaufighter

SKurj

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2002, 01:45:45 PM »
F4F, P-39, P-40
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2002, 01:50:11 PM »
Heh dunno what else but all I thought the Stuka used to help in aiming was a dive indicator to one side of the pilot.  It may have been just drawn on the canopy i don't recall.

It just showed the pilot the correct dive angle (just an angle  type shape I believe)

SKurj

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2002, 01:52:14 PM »
I agree with banana...
But my agreement may only detract from your cause in the eyes of Hitech Creations, Inc. ( :p Pyro)

I do believe its the way they are headed, and already planned for it. The CT is already a modest success, and with more planes and war periods modelled, it will improve tenfold, but that depends on the players who took the task of managing that arena.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2002, 02:35:02 PM »
The most difficult theater to do in the CT right now is definitely the PTO.  Getting some more Japanese a/c and some early US birds would definitely help out.  The P-40 would be a big plus, as it was used in every theater of war.  If I could only have one plane to help out the CT, that would be it, followed by the Japanese carrier planes, the Wildcat, and the Dauntless.

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2002, 02:41:15 PM »
I cant believe Camo hasnt added his views on the Brewster yet......

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2002, 03:14:34 PM »
I have said before and I will say it again, I want them all and I want them now...

ALL OF THEM.

If it flew with a man on board, I want it in the game. Okay, so the Wright Flyer or the Cessna 152 don't exactly have a lot of MA appeal. I bet you could still get kills in those birds making people overshoot or crash into the ground trying to hang with you while flying low and evasive :)

I have seen requests for the Me-163... that's like the lowest end rocket plane you could ask for. I am thinking more like an X-15. It has no armament, but at Mach 6+ almost in orbit, somehow the war doesn't seem so significant. Besides, you will scare the crap out of any planes you buzz on the way up. Extra benefit: having the X-15 means you need the B-52 as well. Who wants a B-29 when you can carpet bomb the entire MA in a single pass at 500 mph?

HTC is way behind my personal wants and needs ;)

If I order AH on CD, does it come with a free woman? Now that would be a deal :D
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2002, 03:15:32 PM »
PZL p11c

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2002, 03:17:01 PM »
I agree entirely.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2002, 04:01:59 PM »
If you would have posted this in the Aircraft and Vehicles forum, we would have heard from the "WE NEED TO EQUALIZE THE NATIONAL REPRESENTATION" crew, and thier demands for a German Heavy Buff, or an Italian Torpedo plane, or a Bohemian transport, Transylvanian amphib ect ect.

Personally, I'd agree that we should add more planes from the PTO, and the early PTO specifically. So much of the pacific was fought with the F4F, P-40, P-39. without them we have no New Guinie, 1st Guadalcanal, no Midway, no Coral Sea... you get the picture.

I once tried to get a better feel for why people wanted certain planes. I hoped to maybe come up with some sort of accepted standard. But instead I just concluded that people want planes because "damnit I just want it" and choose rationales that fit their desires. Nothing at all wrong with that I suppose.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Li`l Snorkey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2002, 04:08:50 PM »
I'm all hope that HTC will be the very first online sim to introduce the He-111.

BoB scenario will be absolutely stunning if we have it :)

Snorkey

Offline -moto-

• Zinc Member
Re: Unglamorous, but neccessary
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2002, 04:09:38 PM »
Originally posted by banana

I know that everyone likes the fast, sexy rides like the Spitfire, P-51, 190D-9, etc.... I would personally like to see some attention on the more "unglamorous" planes. While these planes would have very limited use in the MA, their introduction would open up many more possibilities for the CT and the Special Events.

spitfire fast? or did we get the spit 14 hmm ;)
But I do agree with banana. That is after we get the spit 14 :D

Moto_MOL

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2002, 04:49:19 PM »
I aggree, once we have the Bearcat, P47M,Ki84,Spit XIV, B29,He177 and maby the Mig 15Bis and F86F40 we should do some eary war stuff...