Author Topic: spits, spits, and more spits.  (Read 2550 times)

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
spits, spits, and more spits.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2002, 08:28:01 PM »
double post:o

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2002, 11:21:34 PM »
What Todd/Leviathan said.

I logged on tonight for some rare online flying and there were only 6 people in the CT at 9pm eastern time. So I simply went to fly with my MOL squaddies in the MA before the TOD.

I hope folks come to thier senses. It's no fun when it's 3 to 1 odds generating perpetual gang bangs (be it in Spits or P-51's). This will only hurt the CT in the long run. If it continues to be like this and numbers drop off to single or the teens again then the players only have themselves to blame.

Westy

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2002, 11:44:02 PM »
Last time I was in the CT I was preparing to take off in a Mossie only to have a 109 dive through the AA (completely useless stuff) and vulch me.

Now, you can argue that it was my mistake for trying to get off the ground at a base that had an enemy anywhere near it, but from my perspective it was a demonstration by somebody (the 109 pilot) who simply wanted more Spitfires in the CT.  I'm sure that he didn't get any fun out of that vulch, I know I didn't.  On the other hand I do enjoy a good fight, even if I lose, and if I have to fly Spits to get that, so be it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2002, 12:43:57 AM »
hmmm was that me karnak?  if so it was nothing more than seeing a dot at a base and being determined to not let *another* gang-banging spit/allied get up, by time one gets id at 3k, it's a little late to pull off when you're tearing in for the kill.

iirc, i even apologized for that vulch, then proceeded to pop you again later on when you had more alt and another mossie wingy, which was a fun fight, no?  then you logged i guess because you weren't allowed to get your eggs on target?

to me it's not so much the spits themselves, as it was the constant nbr imbalance in conjunction with them being mostly spits.

;)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2002, 09:39:33 AM »
Spits..

If we try all together maybe we can get them rusty..:p
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2002, 05:08:34 PM »
LOL Stegor:D

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2002, 06:31:44 PM »
Pimpjoe, I taught Dumb Mother F...  uhhh I mean Dead Man Flying everything he knows about Spits!  He is merely a Spitdweeb apprentice, and a lowly one at that!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2002, 12:55:28 AM »
Lets just remove all Spitfires from the CT permamently.  They obviously have no place there.

Let the CT be the place where people can get away from the aircraft that they constantly squeak about, the Spitfire, N1K2 and La-7.  Permamently ban those fighters from the CT.

Just don't expect to see amny people, including me, in the CT after that is done.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2002, 08:10:39 AM »
Karnak... from what i have seen (been watching CT numbers daily) since the change in spits, the numbers have been cut in half in the CT....

make your own conclusions...

SKurj

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2002, 11:12:34 AM »
I've always wondered how those that claim to want historical matchups would respond when they finally got them.  I guess this response is quite historically accurate.  I seriously doubt the Germans enjoyed seeing so many spitfires either.

I guess the CT should be changed to the LW arena... and all the apropriate LWhines should be made law.  Then, all runstangs and spitdweebs could be put in their place...  Of course, it would be a pretty boring arena now that you don't really allow anyone to fly on the other side.

AKDejaVu

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2002, 11:27:40 AM »
Well AKDejaVu there is a huge difference between replicating WWII era aircombat with historically opposing WWII aircraft and replicating WWII itself.

Westy

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2002, 11:35:56 AM »
Well westy.. I wasn't even referring to simulating WW2.  Right now, the CT can't even handle historical matchups all that well.

AKDejaVu

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2002, 11:43:03 AM »
No the CT can't handle it without checks in place (perk point cost). For as the numbers increase the herd usually tends to gravitate towards the numbers first and then the emmediate gratification rides second  (no slam to those who actually love the 51 or the Spit and prefer it for more personal reasons)

This line from you post is the one that made me feel you were trying to say that the CT somehow ended up resembling WWII;  "I guess this response is quite historically accurate. I seriously doubt the Germans enjoyed seeing so many spitfires either."

Westy

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2002, 11:53:30 AM »
The point of that line is, if you want historical matchups (historical accuracy)... you have to expect to see the same matchups over and over again.  They were not diverse.  They did not cater to the whims of the enemy.  They used the most effective plane for the job.  Somehow.. that's not condoned in the CT.

Really... the one complaint that should not be cropping up is "seeing too many spits".

I can understand some of the complaints about some of the U.S. planes being used that weren't in the area... but wonder if people realize just what they are saying when they bring it up.

Its just wierd to see people complain about too many spits and too many non-brit allied planes in two adjacent threads.

I'm trying to figure out just what the hell that leaves.

Really... the nearest I can figure... what the axis side really wants is all 109s and 190s against the hurricanes.  Not those damn spit 5s and DEFINATELY not those damn Spit IXs.  Then... the LW pilots can enjoy the kind of arial combat success they feel they are entitled too.

Really... it should be named the LW arena.

AKDejaVu

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2002, 12:10:11 PM »
"used the most effective plane for the job. Somehow.. that's not condoned in the CT."

Well we're on two different planes of thought then. I thought the complaint was more the issue of the large lopside in numbers which was made all the worse as the gang bangers flew mostly Spits.

Westy