Author Topic: joystick or mouse  (Read 300 times)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
joystick or mouse
« on: March 08, 2002, 01:05:36 PM »
well i use the mouse to fly my plane and i was wondering what the pros for using a joystick over a mouse are. my mouse works fine for me and im goodd with at after spending 2 weeks flying with it so even if i got a joystick id spend anothe 2 weeks learning to fly well with it. so what are the betetr things about joystick. i think it takes a lot more skill to be able to fly well with the mouse than with the joystick. of course i have only got 5 kills in my entire 2 weeks of play in the plane (i have over 20 kills in the pt boat and 2 in a ostwind).

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
joystick or mouse
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2002, 04:06:37 PM »
"i think it takes a lot more skill to be able to fly well with the mouse than with the joystick"

You are right about it. it takes a lot more skills to controll the plane by using a mose... but there is one thing. i NEVER saw an ace (by "ace" i mean a expert pilot, who is flying and getting great results, great numbers of kills and good K/D ratio) who is contrillin' the plane by mouse. i can't tell why exactly you should use joystick, not mouse. it's up to you. if you feel that's better for you - use mouse. who knows? maybe you become an top scoring ace here and i bet you'll be fist who did it "on mouse" :)

I can't imagine myself doing effective evasies or attack that way... maybe drive a GV, boat or fly a buff... it's possible, but not fighter. Use joystick and after let's say 2 weeks you'll understand the difference i bet :cool:

want to "it's my first time on joystick" ;) lesson. drop me an e-mail. i'll be glad to help ya!

good luck

Hammerhead

joystick or mouse
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2002, 12:14:55 PM »
In my opinion use both........:D
Whenever I fly a plane I am useless with the mouse...
However for driving vehicles, firing ship guns and shooting with acks, I much prefer the  mouse to the stick......
Wonder if I can choose which I can use for each...