Author Topic: Hblair...  (Read 403 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Hblair...
« on: March 09, 2002, 01:38:14 PM »
I guess you got booted last night. Sorry i forgot to send the film., I'll email it tonight when i get home.

Hope ya got some good footage. Also I could use a hand importing /exporting and making Avi's. I have a Hi-8 cam corder, a VCR a HDTV, and an old Gforce 2 card. The Gforce card seams to only have a S-jack out and my cam,vcr don't have s-jacks, although the tv does. I bought a s-jack converter at radio shack and can import stuff INTO the computer, and can watch it on the monitor as it's converting it to Avi' but when i replay the avi' it's just all green. Any ideas what i am doing wrong? Or lead me in the right direction.

Any good programs that can edit avi's?

NUTTZ

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Hblair...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2002, 07:48:34 PM »
NUTTZ,
I think HiTech said they were going to give us the ability to somehow export and edit AH film. I'm not sure how or if it is in this build, but you may want to wait for AH1.09 to see.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Hblair...
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2002, 09:00:32 AM »
I got some really good footage Nuttz. It's taking me forever to get it sorted out. This'll be my best video yet by far. I had a P38 one almost done but the codec I was using produced really sorry quality in the video. I trashed it to clear up some hard drive space.

I use an ATI Radeon 128 with video out/in via RCA jacks. It's a complicated process. I run it out to a VCR, record it (need a digital VCR for better quality, which I don't have), then run it back into my PC to be edited. I'm using different editing software than I have in the past. It has all kinds of cool features that the Camtasia software that I did use didn't have. Of course, with the new version (1.09) from what I understand we'll be able to record gunfilm to AVI which will shorten/simplify the process significantly. But people will still need some decent editing software to produce a video worth watching. And the time involved. Man, I can relater to you terrain guys. Many hours just to make a simple video like the poor quality ones I made on the Assassins website. They don't look like much, but they took lots of time.

About your card, does it have video in AND video out capability?
Camtasia is just about the best free editing software. Be careful though, you only have a month to use it before you have to buy it. If you opt not to buy it, you MUST set your PC clock back BEFORE you run camtasia after the month has expired, otherwise, you must format/reload in order to use it again, unless there's some other workaround other than buying it. :)