Author Topic: What computer should I purchase?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
What computer should I purchase?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2002, 02:43:30 PM »
For the street krazyhorse, Edelbrock Medium riser, and Holley 650 will do nicely.  Replace the stock cam sprocket and chain with a good roller chain and steel gear.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2002, 03:13:02 PM »
:)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2002, 09:07:52 AM by krazyhorse »

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
ok I read all this
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2002, 03:41:19 PM »
guttboy : You won't go wrong with Skuzzy building your pc .  

I know you most likly don't know him but he does the ip for this game . He quoted you a great system if you would only listen .

I bought mine from a guy just like him , it's the way to go IMO . As a owner of two Dell's they are nice but over priced .  

Listen to Skuzzy , unless you going to do it yourself ( as you said you wasn't ) .

enough said ,
spro

Skuzzy , that's a nice system for a damn good price .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2002, 11:28:58 AM »
Airspro,

I have listened to Skuzzy and I really really appreciate him offering to build me a machine.   The only problem is that I have spoken with alot of guys in my squadron...three of which build their own computers....they all recommended (for ME) to go with what would be the best tech support.   I fly all over the world with the Air Force so if Skuzzy were to build me one and something happened...what would I do.  Dell will come out and fix or replace it.  They have never done me wrong with my laptop and I even had them work on it in Okinawa, Japan....key got stuck on the keyboard!

Skuzzy thanks for the offer.

Airspro I do listen to ALL the posts and really really appreciate all the help here.

Bockko!  What did you do in the Navy.  I flew AC-130s for 7 years and now fly MC-130s.....thanks for the frame rate "practical"
advice from a system that is running the game right now in a similar comparison....it would be cool to see more comparisons of framerates online.

Thanks again fellas.....

Mike

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2002, 11:43:57 AM »
No problem guttboy.

From all my years of experience with computers (I wish I knew as much about women as I do computers :D) I have to say rule number 1 about your computer system is:

#1 Do what is best for your situation, simply because you know your situation better than anyone.

guttboy
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2002, 03:21:57 PM »
Hey guttboy :)  I was an electronics chief on FBM submarines. I made a run at converting to flying, but eyes let me down after getting my degree. I retired and moved to Alb in 96 to work at that plant in Rio Rancho (the reaal big one).  Choose a system yet?

bockko

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2002, 10:49:36 PM »
Bockko,
I know exactally where you worked...how can you miss that plant...got my SUV at the Don Chalmers Ford Dealer there and won a 61 inch Sony TV there....lol...small world....

I did go with a computer purchase....I am going with the Dell 2.0 Gig with ddr sdram.......it fits my needs the best I think....

Hope all is well with you.....I gotta hit the rack now cuz its late and we didnt finish flying until like 0230 this morning....Im gonna hate the summer when we start taking off around 10 and 11 pm and landing around 3 and 4 am...THATS GONNA SUCK.....anyhow take care...where you living in CO?....My brother lives up in Vail.

Mike