Author Topic: Battle of Britain..  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2002, 08:32:01 AM »
Why do you want to mix in the battle of France into this?
I just dont understand why a BoB setup wouldnt be enough.

If you do a "clean" BoB setup it can be 100% accurate on the aircraft, and depending on where you want to go with the possibility of a German invasion, reasonably accurate with the GV's (the M16 has no place in there though..really, what would that one be subbing exactly? That Vickers AA-tank with 4xMG's?)

But France? And adding 202s subbing for Curtis hawks? Please no. Please keep it clean. Germans on the continent, Brits on that  Island. Germans get to bomb the brits if they can, the Brits get to shoot down German planes if they can. Everyone is happy. Why complicate things?

[edit] If we would add the battle of France it would only end with some moron milkrunning the entire map some night when only the japanese are online. Then Germany would have to reconquer France again, using only GV's...Gee how fun...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2002, 08:37:40 AM by Hortlund »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2002, 08:42:03 AM »
yep... hortlund is correct... don't get all goofy about it... Spits 109's hurri's and 110...  The only place you can fly these planes with some kinda parity.... The only way you guys can screw it up is to make the bases too far apart or make spits rare...  
lazs

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2002, 10:54:54 AM »
lazs, which plane will you be flying?  :)

Hazed, just where did you get the idea that the CM team isn't going to offer a setup with the BoB planeset?  Just because we don't have one now doesn't mean we haven't discussed it and aren't planning on doing a snapshot or a TOD.  :p  Give us time, bro.   Who knows, there might even be a new, smaller scale/closer bases English Channel terrain in the works right now.  :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2002, 09:59:51 AM »
Lazs I would bet good money you are going to flying the 109e, or winging with shane in a 110.

I believe the cross of hortlund and the purists would be the best.

spit1 hurri1
109e 110 ju88

Ground vhs as mentioned originally by hortlund, and there calais location and objectives.

LW should be trying to bomb the bejesus out of britain, and the raf should be trying to stop them.  

Very important to get the fuel right.  Hawk would be great addition as it didnt suffer from engine cut out, but 202 is not a good sub.  I cant wait to take those bb guns to the luftwaf.

I would like this up next week please ;)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2002, 12:39:40 PM »
Will do some fuel test tomorrow, can see how the fuel multiplier should be set at to give the desired result. Did the 109s have 10 minutes of flight over london when they took of from the coast of France? I think not since the Crossing of the channel took no more then 5 minutes it self.

Need some more info on that please.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2002, 02:36:54 PM »
I am very interested in trying 8 .303's out on 109e's and 110's at close range.
lazs

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2002, 02:40:31 PM »
Is there any advantage the hurri 1 has over the spit 1?  Hi speed handling ? roll? alt?

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2002, 03:05:22 PM »
Is there any advantage the hurri 1 has over the spit 1? Hi speed handling ? roll? alt?

Hurri turns (considerably) better, and should be tougher. Spit has it beat every other way.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2002, 03:54:13 PM »
yup, hurri I turns better.   Spit I can outrun it, but catch the Spit while you got the E advantage and you can eat him up.   At least I got eaten up when the Hurri came down on me after I finished off a 190 and a P-51D in my Spit Mk I  (hehe, PERKIES!!!)

Lazs, yeah, the Spit Mk I against the 109E and 110C would be nice.   Tho in the MA, depending on the circumstances you can run down the uber planes.  ;)   still die a lot tho.  well, I die a lot regardless.  :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2002, 04:14:21 PM »
Originally posted by ergRTC
Is there any advantage the hurri 1 has over the spit 1?  Hi speed handling ? roll? alt?

In addition to what the others said, I think there's a noticeable difference in lethality.

- oldman

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2002, 05:01:00 PM »
"In addition to what the others said, I think there's a noticeable difference in lethality. "

The Hurri has very slightly more ammo, but the guns are the same 303's arn't they? How would there be a difference in lethality?

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2002, 10:30:04 PM »
The Hurricane's guns are bunched together in groups of 4, but the Spit's guns are all spread out from each other.  I'd expect this to result in the Hurricane having more concentrated firepower.

J_A_B

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2002, 12:05:04 PM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
The Hurricane's guns are bunched together in groups of 4, but the Spit's guns are all spread out from each other.  I'd expect this to result in the Hurricane having more concentrated firepower.

J_A_B

That's why.

- oldman

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2002, 01:11:26 PM »
"That's why."

I can see how that make a difference to *some*; but the *rest* of us, who know the meaning of the phrase:

"Fire at convergence"

See no difference.

Hoser.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Battle of Britain..
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2002, 01:20:51 PM »
"there is nothing more leathal than a Spit"

Agreed, the Spitfire is the least survivable plane in the sky.  Perhaps they should model the frying pans or whatever that some Spit pilots used to sit on.

Oh wait, you were trying to claim that the Spit is lethal to someone besides its own occupant?  Well I'm sure that the deathtoll on the ground from wrecked burning Spitfires falling onto helpless spectators is quite high.....

hehe  :p

J_A_B