Author Topic: Rankings  (Read 202 times)

Offline ET

• Copper Member
Rankings
« on: July 28, 2001, 03:55:00 PM »
I wish some of you more experienced guys would get together and come up with a ranking system that would be more equitable  to everyone.I mainly fly buffs because that is what I enjoy doing and think I do fairly well at it,but can never rank more than 700 because I am not well rounded or some such cockamamie.I recently took a Nik to a field,first fighter sortie,and strafed 2 planes on the runway.My fighter rank went from way over 1500 to around 450.That one flight brought my overall rank from around 700 to below 300.This was good for me but how about the guy who fly's fighters,has 100 kills and still ranks way up high.I feel like I cheated him and gamed the game.So.if you older heads would start a dialogue and maybe come up with a better ranking system,it would be fairer to everyone.I feel medium and heavy buffs should be separated from light fighter bombers in rankings but that is my opinion and others may feel differently.The way it seems now is if you take an Osty once and get 3 kills,you will be #1 for the tour if you don't go again.Anyway,maybe some thought should be put into it.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Rankings
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2001, 04:21:00 PM »
ET!

Do what I do.  I have fun, and dam the rankings.  SOme people fly into a 10 on 1 for fun, some people won't fight unless they have a distinct advantage.  Neither is wrong or right.  What is important is to have fun and disregard the rankings!    :D
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Rankings
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2001, 06:09:00 PM »
Or do what I do, fly some fighter sorties,
fly some buffs. Grab a Panzer or osty, or PT boat every so often.

I'm never ranked over 250 or so as a fighter yet my overall is almost always below 100.

Either ignore it, or play the game the way it's designed.

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
Rankings
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2001, 07:35:00 PM »
Whats the point of the rank system?
To see whos the best? Whys that?
Or to be able to fly the perk planes?

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
Rankings
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2001, 12:48:00 AM »
Have fun is the bottom line. Don't look at the other guys rank. The only thing I use the scores for is to see what I need work on, otherwise you get so caught up in scoring that you'll burn out quick.

-Nomde-
56th FG / 63rd FS

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net

Offline ET

• Copper Member
Rankings
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2001, 07:01:00 AM »
I have a lot of fun at this,I look forward to rainy days and good missions so I have more excuse to play.I just saw something I thought was unfair to others and thought I should mention it.Anyway,enough said and thanks for comments.