Author Topic: When the CT is enabled  (Read 1017 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
When the CT is enabled
« on: March 14, 2002, 12:41:29 PM »
...we plan to go ahead and run the WWII Arena full planeset setup with the Perdonia terrain. The new planes will be enabled. Here's what we've got so far. The new planes ENY and perk values aren't set in stone. We don't know how they'll play, so we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2002, 12:50:44 PM by hblair »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2002, 12:51:03 PM »
Thanks Heath!  What will radar set up be?

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2002, 01:56:58 PM »
We haven't come up with a set radar plan yet Rip. We gotta spend some more time with the warning settings, etc. tonight.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2002, 02:25:04 PM »
I would love to see how wide dot dar coverage with low update rate plays out.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 12:08:30 AM »
I'd set the Ki-67 to Bomber/Attack.

The Spit I and Hurri I should just be Fighter, not Fighter/Attack.  They only have .303s, no bombs.  They're useless for ground attack.

I also would leave the Bf110G-2 as a freebie so that the Axis have a decent ground attack aircraft.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2002, 12:10:49 AM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2002, 12:28:16 AM »
Look at it now. Was in a rush this afternoon when I made it. The table had some errors. My fault.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2002, 12:44:55 AM »
Hurricane MkI is still Fighter/Attack.:p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BigCrate

• Copper Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2002, 01:39:34 AM »
Hey yall CT staff please keep the radar range set to what it was when yall had the Battle for starlingrad. I thought it was badass just using my views to find nmes!! In the MA dar makes my SA suffer quite a bit. Just my thoughts on things

Cw
=Twin Engined devils=

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2002, 06:55:28 AM »
Please don't limit radar too much.  Lots of bar dar please!  With the low update rate, I'd like to see what a larger radius dot dar would do as well.

BigCrate,

Nothing pisses me off more than not being able to find a fight.  Gimme the dar to do it and I'll live with the reduced icon settings.  I think the low update rate is a good compromise between those that want no inflight dar, and those of us who's #1 priority is to be able to quickly and easily find a fight.  Dot dar with a low update will allow you to find the fight, but if you use it for SA it will get you killed since the dots will be quite far out of date!

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2002, 10:26:13 AM »
If we need dot dar, please give both bar dar and dot dar a long update period of say 1 minute +)

AW's bar dar delay was quite fun when trying to chase a con u had no visual of.  (or when evading a con in your buff)

SKurj

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2002, 10:58:38 AM »
Seems cool....one question, why the perdonia terrain?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2002, 11:12:01 AM »
Hblair, sent out a note to our 32 members for meeting in the CT tonight and this week-end, hopefully you'll make that visit a pleasant one! :D

Cya up!

Edit: Count me as one that hates dot dar.  Bar dar *Should* be enough information for one to find a fite, since enemy dots can be detected as far away as 12.5 miles, if you can't find a fight within 25 mile sections that bardar is showing you, then you should probably be in the MA anyway :p
« Last Edit: March 15, 2002, 11:14:53 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2002, 11:17:57 AM »
Originally posted by CRASH
Seems cool....one question, why the perdonia terrain?

I can answer that for me! Alot of the historical terrains were not well planned in reference to GV spawn points, this terrain was well planned out.  Though it is based on a historical piece of geography.  The one thing that disappoints me is when a community member makes an excellent terrain, then adds "un-useable" spawn points for GV's.  I like to fly 70% of the time, and use GV's when I get bored...my  2cents.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2002, 11:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Edit: Count me as one that hates dot dar.  Bar dar *Should* be enough information for one to find a fite, since enemy dots can be detected as far away as 12.5 miles, if you can't find a fight within 25 mile sections that bardar is showing you, then you should probably be in the MA anyway :p  

Me, too.

- oldman

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
When the CT is enabled
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2002, 12:28:01 PM »
Problem is you don't know if the dots are friendlies or enemies.  Count me as somebody that hates wasting time chasing a dot 15 miles to find out it was a friendly.

The update frequency is the perfect way to make more substantial radar acceptible to the "uber difficulty" crowd while still giving enough info to guys like me that just want to shoot at other planes with minimal wasted time. :)  Just don't delay it so much that it's worse than useless.  To me the perfect compromise is one that lets me use radar to find a fight easily and keep from chasing dots in futility, but yet can't be used as a reliable SA tool.  I think we have the settings we need to acheive just that balance now, which is great!