Author Topic: Performance drop since 1.09.  (Read 533 times)

Offline DennisR

• Zinc Member
Performance drop since 1.09.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2002, 01:17:34 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Very odd,..I have an ATI Radeon 8500.  I see no difference at all in frame rate.  Still getting about 70 or so at 1280x1024x32 resolution.

Maybe delete the video7.cfg file and reset the video parameters from scratch.  I have palletized textures off and mip mapping enabled.

Just a thought.

I gave that a try, but still have low FR.  Thanks for the reply though.  :)

Offline MugZ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2002, 02:13:12 PM »
Flossy  
Your kidding? AHV works in scenario?

I wish they would turn it on in H2H.
 Me and some of my Squad mates like to practice Base attack tactics in there.
RW is ok. Nut AHV actually is more stable for me. You know?....disconnects and all.

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2002, 10:17:33 AM »
I've had a 30 to 50% drop in FR as well... Went from 35 - 45 and fairly stable to a base 23 to 25 which drops like a rock to the 8 to 10 range in smoke or multiple plane environments...

System:
P3 800
392 SDRAM
nVIDIA GeForce2 64Meg
SBLive 5.1 XGamer

have reloaded sound drivers, video drivers, tried new and older versions.  Playing with different memory mangers now...

--> One note, am using a HBlair hand-me-down MOboard and processor which he was getting much higher frames with on a 32Meg card and less RAM. :(<--

I also have a Win2K Pro configuration using the same MO & Processor combo which produces poorer overall FRs and gives me a nasty little intermittent flash at the bottom of the screen in AH only.  Have tried other online games without the problem. & BTW the newest nVIDIA drivers and WIN2K do not work with AH on my FE (get a green screen when loaded, have reset my video7.cfg file to every setting with no joy).  It does work with the original drivers however.

Reading the comments previously posted, I am inclined to believe that the nVIDIA hardware/software might be suspect.  Seems to be a recuring theme.

I think I will format C and reload 98SE and the bare necessities, then see what she does.

Hope this helps identify the problem.  Any suggestions for me to try would be appreciated.

Offline Hwkeye

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2002, 11:18:35 PM »
I too am suffering the dreaded FPS drop! I believe it has more to do with 1.09 and AHVoice than any of the remedies I have seen here.

The reason I say that is that I have checked my fps on Warbirds and it's fine.
Yo HiTech is it the ISP you are using now??

CPU -  AMD XP 1800 Overclocked to 1900
RAM -  512 OCZ PC2400
Video - Geforce3 Ti 200
Cable Modem

yadda yadda.........  :-D

Hawkeye
The Original Flying Tigers

Offline Kutt

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.cfl.rr.com/kutt
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2002, 09:25:00 AM »
This worked for me no warranties implied or expressed. If it doesn't work for you, or smoke starts pouring out of your machine that's your business not mine.  

Here's what I saw before...

Specs 512M ram, AMD 1.8, Geforce 4 MX 440, and Soundblaster Audigy Sound Card. Running XP, with the Nvidia reference drivers that are certified from their site, as well as the latest Audigy drivers from the Soundblaster site.

I run in 1200 resolution 32 bit color.

AH ver 1.08 min 30 FPS about over a huge furball at a smoking field. 75 FPS (limited by monitor refresh rate) most of the time in average flying conditions.

AH ver 1.09 min 15 FPS max mid-40's FPS.

My solution...

I went to http://www.guru3d.com, I went into their drivers section and downloaded the 27.70 ver of the windows XP Detonator drivers, downloaded the Via 4.10b AGP driver for my motherboard, I manually turned off anti-aliasing by going into the control panel for the video card, and turned the sound acceleration down to half.

I made the first mistake in trouble shooting, by changing all of these things at once. Forgive me I was getting tired of the slide show every time I was flying near any field on fire.

The Result...

45 FPS per second in the absolute worst possible flying conditions. 30 + planes everything on fire (Rooks got all cranky that we vulched their field so they came over and egged our house) 75 FPS every other time I looked at the counter.

I didn't do any more testing than that. I was just happy to have fluid frame rates again. Hopefully, this may help some of you.