Author Topic: So what do you like about 1.09??  (Read 903 times)

Offline GT3man

• Zinc Member
      • http://pub34.ezboard.com/bblackknightswargames
So what do you like about 1.09??
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2002, 09:38:50 AM »
Hmm..well...yes....

I would have to say that I did tone down the "warning queen" a bit, and I only wish the bases would flash just when actually being attacked (but by then it would be to late, wouldn't it?). :)

Otherwise i think its a fine job the HTC crew did, and I am quite happy with 1.09.

And, yes, the gun loadout on the 110G2...AWESOME!:D

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2002, 09:44:36 AM »
Your ultimate plan and obsession on me is to have people in your squad buy me beer DRippy?

Sweet.

You are a great fake general. Please dictate this doctrine to the rest of your subordinates,

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2002, 09:48:41 AM »
The Hurri 1!!

So when I am flying around in the Hurri C the badguys mistakenly think I just have 8 pee shooters +)

SKurj

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2002, 09:50:43 AM »
Well I like the voice.  Actually I WOULD like the voice if I could just have it work with my squad members.

Hooligan

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2002, 09:50:56 AM »
I have mixed feelings about the "range voice" thingy.  When it's used sparingly, I think it's great, helps communications, and makes the game more "personal".  However, I don't want to be forced to listen to unnecessary radio traffic.  We need either a ".squelch player" or ".squelch range" to control it.

Field capture seems to be same as it was in 1.08, so I don't know what effect the new strat will have on gameplay.

Had to turn off warning.wav.

Flashing fields don't seem to matter.  Still can't drag players away from the Big Furball.

Turned on the film recorder to try out the new film editor, and (as usual) died like a dog.

The feature that I really want to see tested hasn't been used yet:  variable update rate dot dar.  I think a low (15 -30 seconds) update rate would go a long way to disable "AWACS SA", without making it any harder to find a fight.

Haven't tried the new planes yet, but would love to see an early war setup in the CT.

Still no P-40.........
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2002, 09:52:03 AM »
Sorry that you MA guys think the new planes are worthless, but I beg to differ.

The Ki-67 will be useful in the MA. It's a fast, late war Japanese bomber that first saw combat in the Battle of the Phillipines Sea(Mid-late 1944 I believe.)

The new planes have opened up a whole new set of possibilites for the Special Events and the CT.

The CM's are already working on a BoB TOD, and we can also do a late war Pacific Scenario now that we have the Ki-67.

Thanks HTC!!!!! :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2002, 09:52:23 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Your ultimate plan and obsession on me is to have people in your squad buy me beer DRippy?

Sweet.

You are a great fake general. Please dictate this doctrine to the rest of your subordinates,

Thank you! First compliment I think I've received from you!  yes, Fake general, real ones don't get the pay I get. ;)  I too will be the FIRST to buy you a beer too when I meet you someday Creamo! :)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2002, 09:55:37 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Don't worry, the CT will always be vacant, a point i wanted to make to the 10 tardrattlers that were in the 400+ player MA when the CT had, um 3?

Take notes this next week.

Thanks.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2002, 10:04:05 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort

I too will be the FIRST to buy you a beer too when I meet you someday Creamo! :)

Course.......whether he pisses in it first or not is another matter......

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2002, 10:09:50 AM »
Can I take them next release hype too, or just when the BOB map is outta rotation next week and 1.09 settles in?

Please HB, don't get defensive AND stupid responding to my comments as if obvious numbers with a new release and new aircraft will magically backup your efforts to discount me. I dig them both. Your efforts are noted. Really.

New planes help, wonder if I mentioned that yet?

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2002, 10:10:09 AM »
The film editor is still a bit of a rough diamond, but I believe it'll be a real sparkler with a bit of polish. The potential is amazing

The Me110 will be seeing a *lot* of usage. It's not just the guns - it's the gunner too!

The Spit 1 is so sweet! We'll be seeing a LOT of Spits, leading people to start yelling that a 1940 plane should be perked in the MA (scupcakes). I love the ballistics of the 303's, and they're lack of punch means longer, intense fights (high speed handling's a beetch tho').

Strat leaves me cold, really, but it seems to keep the caps lock kids happy.

I personaly hate all kinds of vox, allways have, but if you *must* have it, this looks to be about the best system I've seen.

As per usual practise, we can't really judge this update until it's "settled in" for a week or so and had the inevitable bug fixes, but honestly - when have we ever seen a *bad* update?

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2002, 10:43:22 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
AHVox works flawlessy for myself and our squad...just as well as RW and without the crashes.

I like the integrated AH Voice too but do have a problem with the quality.  Everyone sounds very tinny (is that a word?) and difficult to understand.  Its almost like listening to a bunch of Ceylon Warriors (those robot dudes in Battlestar Galactica).  

I've also heard people squeaking about the warps and blaming it on AH voice.  I havent noticed it being any more warpy than usual but my question is, is AH Voice done server side or client side?  What Im asking is, are the vox packets sent peer-peer through each client or are the vox packets sent through the server itself? If its a server side implementation, I can see why HT has reduced vox quality to limit bandwidth usage.

Would love to hear cleaner sounding vox tho.  Thats what was nice about RW.

Anyone know anything about voice compression codecs? :)

-Ding

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2002, 10:45:19 AM »
"Monkey vs. Robot" Dingy.

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2002, 10:47:47 AM »
I think that the vox setup is a welcome addition, my only concern is that all that vox eats up too much bandwith and or server resources.  Last night was nothing but a lag fest.  If thats what it's gonna cost we need to lose it fast and go back to rw which always worked fine for me.  
     I'd like to see more htc support for scenarios, strat and organized play types of things and less time spent reinventing the game.  Vox is a welcome addition but if htc can get it to work without turning the arena's into lag fests we definately need a way to either squelch specific idiots or turn the range channel off entirely.  I dont care to listen to 47 people who feel they just must inform the rest of the world that they are now refueled and ready to take off.  Fortunately, most of the people I flew with last night were considerate with regard to unnecessary transmissions.
     The new planes are also a welcome addition but like I said we need more organized scenario/historical base types of play to really enjoy them in my view.  
     All in all, nice upgrade as long as the connect issues get straightend out.  I have no idea why someone would spend time writing code to make the bases blink, or add a squeaking betty wav that anyone who plays the game woulda told ya they'd turn off anyway.  Wanna add stuff that'll really be fun?  Add more realistic damage views, maybe some engine management functions, better still, add armed players as infantry.  Instead of ai infantry to take a base, how about a c47 full of players?  How bout gv drops by c47?  Bombers with more than 1 gunner? Lotsa things to work on besides blinking clipboards and squeaking betty wavs.  Just my opinion......it's still a great game and most additions are apreciated.

CRASH

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2002, 11:01:04 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
Hurricane I.  First sortie netted 3 kills and 1 assist with lots of bullets lighting up my targets.  Last kill was achieved in a five minute dogfight against a P51 and a 190 while I was bingo ammo (P51 augered, then I ran out of fuel and augered).

Have you actually flown the Hurri I Lasz?  If not, I suggest you take it into a furball and enjoy.

SOB

Hehe I remember that exact fight...the thing turns so damn tight everytime I got a shot you were already gone :eek:.  Finally I got impatient and went in for the quick kill but went into a nasty stall 200ft off the deck...Good Fight :D