Author Topic: So what do you like about 1.09??  (Read 906 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
So what do you like about 1.09??
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2002, 11:02:36 AM »
Considering the changes and additions 1.09 took too long.

AHvoice now appears to work.

Added planes are fluff for me.  Nothing really exciting.  Would have much preferred some maturation on the GV modeling and additional GVs. EDIT: Dont get me wrong.  I like all of em fine.  Ki67 is somewhat intersting but none are classics favs of mine, hence fluff reference.  Gimme B29, P61, F4Fs, SBDs and SBCs, Yak3s, Vals, Kates, Oscars and some intersting early stuff like P36s, Brewsters mebbe a Catalina and a jeep, M4a3(76), T34-85 and some of them pre 1938 flying thingys.  BoB has never really caught my fancy.

Air raid siren: cute and appreciated

Attack warning: Too persistent and apparently country wide.  Needs to be broadcast only to people in immediate area and recorded for specific assets.  

Flashing icons are fine.

Film Viewer is interesting but I would love to see a classic gun film feature added as well.

Other stuff Im sure I havent thought much about.  Maybe 1.10 will have more sim content.

Perhaps HTC can add new vehicles without having to wait months
between revisions.  These past few months in AH have been teetering on subscription canceling boredom.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2002, 11:12:05 AM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2002, 11:06:09 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager

Perhaps HTC can add new vehicles without having to wait months between revisions.  These past few months in AH have been teetering on subscription canceling boredom.

Aye, I'm joining you in that boat Sailor.  If it wasn't for the Tour of Duty, or my squaddies, I'd be gone.  GV's would certainly spice things up OR BETTER YET, NEW MA Terrain.  Of course, the CT keeps "the dream alive" for me as well..so no cancelation just yet.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2002, 11:13:18 AM »
I luv me squaddies too,

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2002, 11:15:36 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
"Monkey vs. Robot" Dingy.

WHOOSH!  Thats the sound of that joke going over my head Creamo :)  What do ya mean?

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2002, 11:26:32 AM »
"Considering the changes and additions 1.09 took too long. "

Although this was Yeager's comment, he wasn't the only one suggesting this in the thread so I'm not responding to him specifically.

Remember, HTC has been working on a lot more than just 1.09.  Plus, some of the features which are in 1.09, while not massive gameplay changes, probably required quite a lot of work to program and debug (AH voice and AH film).  I think you AH guys are just getting spoiled  :)

J_A_B

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2002, 11:45:32 AM »
Creamo

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2002, 11:47:07 AM »
:) right back at ya squaddie.  ;) Heheheheh. :D

ROTFLOL LOL HEHE, a hmmm......

--
« Last Edit: March 15, 2002, 11:51:57 AM by Creamo »

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2002, 01:15:44 PM »
Hmm...spoiled? Yeah, we're spoiled:)  But the fact is I dont recall anyone ever asking for a squeaking betty wav or blinking clipboard or even a voice version considering that was being handled by 3rd party apps reasonably well for the people who wanted it.  Don't get me wrong, I love the new voice thing as long as the connect stuff is cleaned up but it sure doesn't alleviate any of my boredom with the game.  I still fly it because I like the game but it hasn't really changed much since cv's came out. Film viewer's nice but that doesn't necessarily make the game any more fun to play.  I'd rather have some of the features I mentioned above to perk up game play than the ability to send avi's to my friends, most of whom wouldn't really be very interested anyway or they'd be playin'.  
     Someone posted about htc workin on other stuff.  What other stuff?  Will many of us have to become totoally bored and cancel before the "other stuff" arrives?  
     CT's a flop because there's no organization as is indicated by the oversubscribed scenario.  It obviously aint due to the historical terrain and matchups that have been in the ct for awhile.  I think htc needs to spend some time in creating organized play, quite clearly the ct team cant seem to make it happen.  Without htc involvement it seems that there wont be much available except the ma style of free for all that many of us are totally bored with.  All the squeakin' betty wavs in the world aint gonna fix that.  

CRASH  

Originally posted by J_A_B
"Considering the changes and additions 1.09 took too long. "

Although this was Yeager's comment, he wasn't the only one suggesting this in the thread so I'm not responding to him specifically.

Remember, HTC has been working on a lot more than just 1.09.  Plus, some of the features which are in 1.09, while not massive gameplay changes, probably required quite a lot of work to program and debug (AH voice and AH film).  I think you AH guys are just getting spoiled  :)

J_A_B
« Last Edit: March 15, 2002, 01:27:30 PM by CRASH »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2002, 02:43:58 PM »
Soo... it's a great release because the new features that can't be turned off can be ignored?    Ah Voice?   Why?   RW works fine and It is not intrusive and.... I only talk to people I want to and only hear people I want to and nothing pops up on the monitor.   New planes?  spare me the.... "I use em all the time and have 109 kill sorties regularly.."  crap... we all know that when the next plane stats come out the early war planes will be shown to not be able to hold their own in a mid/late war centric arena.

And what is with that deal where some morons name appears in red in the top right corner of my monitor.   That has got to be the most distracting thing short of my norton anti virus kicking in.  Does anyone think THAT is a good idea?

The early war planes will indeed be a welcome addition when they have an area to fly in with parity.   Sadly... that is the CT and scenarios for now.  
lazs

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2002, 02:49:58 PM »
"And what is with that deal where some morons name appears in red in the top right corner of my monitor."

At least we know which moron to tell to quit keying the friggen mic.  Hi LLB.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2002, 02:57:45 PM »
lasz2

personally i never see the red name in the top corner of the monitor unless i look for it...

its not a distraction for me at least (1024 x 768)

I spend more time in Hurricanes than any other plane, including 1.086 and 1.09

SKurj

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2002, 09:00:00 AM »
Whaaa??  Something red in the corner of your eye/monitor is not distracting???  

I'll tell you what is not distracting...  Fire up RW before you get on and as your squaddies get on give em the number.    No friggin way to improve on that but there sure are a lot of ways to ruin it...  Seems HTC hit every way possible short of sending you back to the desktop to reply.

Making things more confusing is not making em better.    AH Voice is like a double action conversion on a 1911A...   "a complex solution to a nonexistant problem." (jeff Cooper)
lazs

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2002, 09:35:51 AM »
Seriously Lasz I don't see the name unless I look for it...

Try a higher resolution perhaps, cuz on my 17" at 1024 x 768 it bothers me not +)

SKurj

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2002, 11:43:45 AM »
Lazs, RW sucks.  It doesn't work right half the time, often gets "crashed" on by people you don't even know, and installs freaking spyware on your computer.

AH voice is a HUGE improvement.

J_A_B

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2002, 01:28:23 PM »
I like 1.09!

The AH voice is easy to use, I like the name of the transmitter, and the range. The 110 finally balances the axis side. I love the 110 it got a glass jaw but packs a punch ( both versions). I'll be flying the 110, Ki-84,110,and the A-26 were the only 3 rides i flew in AW, Now I at least have one ride in AH.

the air raid sirens...COOL!
the flashing bases.....COOL!
the sweet siren voice of the base warnings.....COOL!

Film editor....COOL!

Me not using capitals and poor punctuation and spelling....COOL!

Beware my 110 O'Death, Once i get reaquanted with my ride, I'll spread mass destruction and be feared by many!

I'd give HTC crew an A+ for this release.
WAIT! make that an A-, I still didn't get the Ki-84!

NUTTZ